Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
S430,190E 2.6,SL500
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Denver where there are only two Mercedes-Benz dealerships. Despite having bought 5 brand new cars from my dealer over the past 11 years, I receive horrific treatment from both the service and sales department. I bring my cars in for service about a dozen times a year, yet they treat me as if I were new to their dealership. Many times I have found out that they did not change the engine oil and filter as I had paid them to do so. I had to change it myself afterwards. Once, the service adviser took my car out to lunch and I had to wait about 15 minutes to go home. There was no apology. I have MBUSA coupons that are supposed to be accepted by every dealer, yet they decline the use of the coupon. Complimentary car washes are denied and after three times of pleading with them, I gave up. At the same time they seem to be treating new customers like king. Maybe it's because they know I have no other place to go to and that I'll always be a Mercedes customer. The sales staff shows absolutely no respect and I have had to change sales three times. They have denied me the brochure for the new SL-Class knowing that I have bought two brand new SL's from them and that they had a box of brochures left. I have never received a "thank you" phone call. Last month I bought myself my first Honda Accord. I then received three "thank you" calls, a complimentary wash and service coupons. Honda cars may be suckers compared to Mercedes cars, but I have never thought that Honda would have one some of the best service and sales employees. A company's most important asset? The customer.

A disappointed loyal customer

190E 2.6
500SL
SL500
E320
S430

·
Registered
2002 CLK430
64 Posts
Customer Service

Mercedes Benz needs to wake up. The kind of treatment you have received from your dealer seems to be the norm any more. I guess they don't realize we customers pay their salaries. Personally, I will not buy another MB, due to the substandard treatment I have received. Not to mention the decline in quality. I always thought Benz was the ulitmate in reliability but now I really think they are overrated (based on my personal situation with MB). It's too bad - they used to treat their customers with respect and you felt special when you took your car in for service. It was the Mercedes Benz experience - you got what you paid for. Not in today's world.

·
Registered
S430,190E 2.6,SL500
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mercedes-Benz customer service has declined greatly since the late 90's. They were selling...

Mercedes-Benz customer service has declined greatly since the late 90's. They were selling more cars and getting new customers that they forgot that there were old, loyal customers as well. I can remember my experience with my Mercedes dealership back in 1994. I felt like I was the king of the world. Now I feel as if I am a slave begging them to get my car repaired.

·
Registered
2002 CLK430
64 Posts
Customer Service

My first experience with Mercedes Benz began in 1990 and lasted until 1994 (190E 2.3). My service advisor and I got to know each other over the years and I actually looked forward to taking my car in for service. They pretty much rolled out the red carpet then. It's surprising how much things have changed - especially since dealerships depend quite a bit on their service department revenues. Maybe they get away with it because there aren't too many dealers around and they know you are stuck with them. Hopefully their customer feedback will turn them around. Now, taking the car in for service is something to dread. You are lucky if they even fix the car the first time around. I get much better treatment from my GM dealer when I take my Yukon in. I don't get it.

·
Registered
2000 S500
8 Posts
190E,

If you are really that unhappy, I suggest you write your experiences to MBUSA hea...

190E,

If you are really that unhappy, I suggest you write your experiences to MBUSA headquarters in NJ. Let them know about every incident. The fact that you purchased cars numerous times also helps. Headquarters can look at your history and tell you have been a loyal customer and they are usually very responsive.

There should be no reason you are treated that way, weather you buy one car or fifty.

·
Registered
S430,190E 2.6,SL500
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately, I have sent them two emails over the past month. I haven't gotten any respo...

Unfortunately, I have sent them two emails over the past month. I haven't gotten any response yet. I tried the 1-800 number but they kept transeferring me to another department. So, basically, I gave up. I have heard news that there would be a new dealership in the Denver area sometime in the next two years. Can't wait to go try it out.

·
Registered
03 G500 & 95 E320 Wagon
254 Posts
MBUSA customer service is the absoulute worst. I recently had a problem. My dealer to ...

MBUSA customer service is the absoulute worst. I recently had a problem. My dealer to me to call the MBUSA to get in touch with the regional rep, when I did they told me to go through the dealer. So here I was stuck in the middle, the dealer telling me one thing and MBUSA telling me another. And MBUSA customer service wouldn't even help me resolve the problem.

I think my uncle is right (he has bought a benz every year since 78) MB quality and customer service is going way down hill.

Just last week when I took 03 G500 Benz that I just forked out 80k for, they gave me a Toyata for a loaner car, and I opted to pay 30 extra bucks to get a E320 Class loaner. The 02 E320 felt like a Ford rental car. Didn't feel at all like my other 87 E class. Jeezez when you take a BMW in for Service they give you a BMW loaner.

Mercedes needs to wake up.

·
Registered
S430,190E 2.6,SL500
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Speaking of loaner cars, I just took in my SL500 and S430 for service. There were no loane...

Speaking of loaner cars, I just took in my SL500 and S430 for service. There were no loaner cars available despite having booked the appointment two weeks in advance and requesting a car for the three hour service.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have a friend at a lawfirm to write a nasty letter on their company letterhead.

Funny...

Have a friend at a lawfirm to write a nasty letter on their company letterhead.

Funny how company's always pay attention to us lawyers. You'd think they're afraid of us suing them or something.

:)

Dizzy

·
Registered
1987 560sec
297 Posts
mercedes here in houston is the same, at one time we had 2 2000 s500's a 1999 sl500 1995...

mercedes here in houston is the same, at one time we had 2 2000 s500's a 1999 sl500 1995 cl600 1987 560sec, and to tell you the truth, each and every one of these cars was a dread to go service, maybe not the 560sec, mainly because they profit from it the most. i stopped taking it to a dealer, instead it's going to a independant mb mechanic. and the other cars are a real pain, and i take in the new cars much more often than my 560sec, one s500 just decided to start and stop the operation of the windows and A/C on it's own, the other had numerous problems with the abs and airmatic suspension, and the SL has had discoloring of the seats from the heating element, center vents falling out, center armrest breaking, and some other minor issues. the cl600 is also the same, we bought the extended warranty, after the original was done, they almost refused to service it under the extended warranty, and i DO NOT abuse my cars in ANY way, both s500's have 15000 and 8000 miles each since june 2000, the sl has 17000 miles since july 1999, and the cl600 has 15000 miles since oct 1995, so i barely drive them and i don't even want to imagine how much time they'll spend if i drove them a lot. oh, and for loaners, i get camrys [:D] boy do i love them!!! i had two M5's and an M3 and the least vehicle i got was a 330i, i also got a 540, 528 manual, and brand new X5 when they first came out, and a 740il. and i LOVE their service.

now the dealer that we've been dealing with for aboout 8 years and have bought about 12 cars from treats us like employees or something, it's like you walk in, and if they recognize you they say hi, and walk away, knowing that you already took the bait, and it's funny when you see them talk to POTENTIAL customers and how they make them feel that they're getting the best deal on the best car on this earth.
well, not anymore. mercedes is going down.

in the meantime, i'll be driving my 1999 town car and taking it to my dealer who i LOVE dealing with, and which takes time to explain to me what went wrong and how they fixed it, and even gives me a loaner for my out of warranty lincoln. loved the LS by the way. very good build quality and handling.

instead of the trial and error drama that i have to go thru with mercedes. they fix one thing and break another.

sorry to all the new mercedes benz owners who have dreamed of owning such cars and have saved for them for a long time and were freatly dissapointed to what they got. [V]

·
Registered
2009 CLS
70 Posts
Im not gonna lie, I hate bringing my car to mercedes service. The entire dealership SUCKS...

Im not gonna lie, I hate bringing my car to mercedes service. The entire dealership SUCKS. You come there and the ppl are always on the go and so disrespectful. I always get my questions answered and my wishes taken care of, its just the people and the way they conduct themselves, very poor. I go to Acura or even BMW and get far greater treatment. I guess u sacrafice customer service when you buy a world class automobile =/ There needs to be a good dresscode and they need to talk to u like ur the president, like they do to you at a Saturn or a Toyota delearship [:p]

·
Registered
2 Posts
honesty.....

In simplest terms, Houston's Greenway Mercedes service SUCKS...

However, Mercedes Benz Austin has astounding service. They are quick, on most occations when I make an appointment of any kind (problems, or regular maintanence) they are ready for me next day. Can't beat Austin's Mercedes quick and quality service.

·
Registered
S-500 2003. BMW 750Li 2006
141 Posts
Let me add some silver lining or sunshine to this thread [:)] I am a newbie and its my first Benz, so I wont argue of the decline or history of quality. I am sure I will run into them in due time, I am glad to have extended warranty for 100K miles.

So far my dealership experience is as follows:

SALES: totally useless I did all the research online of the dealer inventory. Had a stock number anad printout. The salesman even didnt know he had the car. As for negotiating price they barely came down. ( I guess they are MB and dong care they sell themselves) The only reason, I didnt make a stink coz it was the only 2003 with 17K miles, and the color/interior I wanted. So what the heck do they need sales people in the showroom for I really dont know.

SERVICE: here is some good news. Maybe I got lucky with a rep that I got along from day one and I liked. He had a martini glass on his desk. Long story short, I showed up with a bottle of grey goose to pick up my car. ($ 27 at Sams )

Second trip to dealer, He says I never need an appointment, just show up, I get the car wash, and a Mercedes loaner now. Before, MB loaners were booked out months, so I would get some other free rental. Took him a bottle of Big Ass Cab ($13) he love the name. Now He sees me with a big smile and treats me like a buddy. Total investment, is 40 but I aint a shmuck in line like everyone else.

I know one shouldnt have to do this to get good service, But hey .....now I am special and [8D]

Sarv

PS: My motto on vacation, if you tip big the first day ( I mean 2 or 3 bucks to the pool servers) they will jump when they see you the next time. Its amazing how many cheap tippers there are ;)

·
Registered
2001 S430
96 Posts
Here's some advice - when your warrenty is up NEVER go back to your dealer for service. Find a good MB mechanic that owns his own business. Most of these guys were once MB dealer mechanincs and realized they were good and could make a heck of a lot more money on their own. I own a 2001 S430 and a 1987 560SL. In the Baltimore area Star Auto does a great job. You can look up their number on Yahoo Yellow Pages.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts