Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
I got mine from the dealer, Its pricey but i like it[:)]

I think there is another brand carry the same coolant like the MB one, i just lost the link[:(]

·
Registered
1983 300SD,2002 ML500,(MBCA Member)
961 Posts
Had the fluids changed for my ride recently at EZ-Lube.

I asked them what coolant they use. The guys showed me the coolant pre-mixed and stored in a carboy and told me that that was the cooland they use for European cars; it was yellowish in color. Though I was a bit skeptical, I had no choice.

That was about 10 days ago.

Haven't had any problem till now. The temperature stays close to 90 degress C even for highway drives.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Hi, Monica.

I generally buy most of my parts and supplies from one of three places:

www.autohausaz.com
www.autopartswarehouse.com
http://germanstar.net

The first two offer free shipping once you spend $50, which is pretty easy. [:)] The first and last are sponsors and advertise here, too.

They all have the genuine thing, which is all I would put in my newer Benz. As the other post mentions, it's pricey, but hey, the car you're pouring it in isn't exactly a Ford Focus, after all.[;)]

And re: the other/other post, in all honesty I'd be draining and flushing mine first opportunity. MBZ coolant is purportedly blended not only to extend temperature ranges, but also to lubricate the water pump and prevent corrosion in the newer (post '89? I can't recall right now) vehicles. Since they engineered, designed and built the engine and took the time to specify a proper coolant for it, I know I wouldn't trust the yahoos at Jiffy Lube to know better.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
95 E320
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im not worried about the price I just wanted to know where I can buy it. Dealer like where they sell MBZ? I will check with them tomorrow. thanks for your responses.

·
Registered
81' 300SD, 82' 300D
4,022 Posts
Zerex G-05 is the same thing as the Mercedes-Benz pacakged coolant found at the dealer, except cheaper, and found at local auto parts stores.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
45,396 Posts
4 H TownBenzoboy. Is Zerex really comparable to OEM? Horst K . BTW re. Sam Cooke, I share the occasional drink with Bobby Womack, he collects American classic cars.

·
Registered
2002 E320 Wagon, 2002 ML320
110 Posts
Do a search on Zerex G-05 at mercedesshop.com Shop Forum. Lots of discussion about it there. Some people have done quite a bit of reasearch on it (ingredients, talk to mechanics) and consensus is that it's the same as MB OEM coolant. I buy mine for $10 a gallon at local auto chain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts