Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'87 Mercedes-Benz 280GE
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently bought my C180 W202 and i'm very satisfied with it. Everything works like a charm although it has 80k miles so far. The only one thing i noticed is that the throttle response is a bit delayed. When i rev the engine at neutral, or when i have to take off on 1st gear, i have to wait a second or two for the dash arrow to go to 2000 rpm's. What could be the cause and how do I fix it? Thanks in advance to yall.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Your throttle should use an electronic actuator, which on my car is on the driver's side, close to the firewall. The throttle is cable operated.

Have someone operate the gas pedal while you watch what happens.

Check the throttle body to make sure it's not 'sticky'.

·
Registered
'87 Mercedes-Benz 280GE
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't be better if I first check for stored error codes? But i don't know how to do it and what software would I need.

·
Registered
2000 C230 Sport
28 Posts
You can go to Autozone and have them scan your codes.

And it's FREE!

Do you have any kind of service history on that thing? Might benefit from a TUNE UP (plugs/wires especially).

·
Registered
'87 Mercedes-Benz 280GE
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm from Europe, bought the car from Italy, full service history but I don't speak italian Oh damn.

·
Registered
'87 Mercedes-Benz 280GE
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I want to update the thread. I adjusted the accelerator wire, changed the spark plugs and cleaned the throttle body and the problem disappeared. It's driving like a jet fighter now. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts