Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello anyone,
I'm really in a huge dilemma about my car. I love my car and I have some problem with the newly installed led tail lights.
I have a MB C w204 2008. One of my right tail break lights isn't functioning as well as my computer shows it as an error message. My wires look good I checked also my socket since its new, looks perfectly fine. No signs of burning or melting because of overheating. The funny part is that it was working before for like 2 weeks and now it all happened suddenly. I've read and watched many videos of the fix possibilites. I checked fuse box too but i didn't really know wich wire i should check more so I checked all if there is any loose fuse. I replaced all 3 bulbs to the same kind... still no luck. I assume the fix should be quite easy and cheap and I really need it ASAP. There are few options I browsed today. Put another grounding to the panel and the other end is on one of the inside grounding screw. Put resistor on it but the thing is the tail break lights aren't LED bulbs, just regular H9 65w halogen bulbs and the best of my knowledge halogen lights don't require resistor. Please HELP! Thank you in advance

·
Registered
177 Posts
If you remove the trim inside the boot around the tail light you will see some ( brown? ) wires that are grounded to the body, sometimes these can be a problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you remove the trim inside the boot around the tail light you will see some ( brown? ) wires that are grounded to the body, sometimes these can be a problem.
This is how it looks like and i dont see any sign of damage.

·
Registered
177 Posts
just give them a good clean, sandpaper them if need be and re attach making sure they get a good contact, most of the tail light issues are connection.
Make up a Grounding wire and test to see if its loosing power through the earth

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately I had to take it to a car electronics service and the problem was that the newly installed LED tail lights messed up the computer that operates those lights so they had to replace it with the proper computer. Cost me 400 dollars. Very unhappy about it since the light was only plug and play and it fitted exactly to my model. Thanks for the effort tho.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts