Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have a Mercedes A160 auto petrol. For a few times the car stopped when i reversed it. It happened 3-4 times and then it continued to work properly. Last time, it happened again. I tried to reverse 2-3 times and later i heard a "bang" from the front side of the car (as if something was broken and hit on the engine) from engine or somewhere close it. the car now starts but does not move! When i change the gears i can hear the sound of the gears but it does not move. the car already had ECU-air mass flow problem and since I was told that it would only affect the level of consumption of petrol, I simply ignored it. Would that be a problem with gearbox or ECU-air mass flow? has anyone experienced such problem? or have knowledge?
Thanks

·
Registered
546 Posts
if you heard a bang then somthing broke, this will not show on the ECU codes but it would be worth getting it checked anyway
remember up till 2001 only 'Star' MB diagnostics will read the codes after feb 2001 EOBD was required and any garage should be able to read the fault codes .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts