Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
36,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The new Mercedes A-Class took a radical departure from the original model with its sleek and sporty looking lines, and will be on sale in the U.S. sometime in 2014.

A redesigned interior complements the new exterior look with an iPad like center console, and features such as downloadable iPhone apps that can be controlled through the Mercedes’ integrated infotainment system.

Three four-cylinder gasoline engines will be available on the car, offering 122 hp, 156 hp and 211 hp. Sitting on the MFA platform, the A-Class will also receive a GT mpv style variant and possibly a small crossover style option.

Although it was not confirmed for America at first, the A-Class will come in 2014, and offer some competition for other small luxury vehicles.
Read the complete story on the 2014 Mercedes A-Class at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
2006 W203 C220 CDI Avantgarde, 1997 R129 SL320
3 Posts
I don't think it'd be wise to fit the AMG 6.3 into a front-wheel drive setup... :eek:

... but on the looks front it does impress!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone know why 2013 E350 BlueTec is being delayed until October. OUrs is built and on a boat, but just advised EPA is delaying until Mid October.

·
Registered
2005 ML350, 2008 GL320, 2013 Gl350
234 Posts
I don't think it'd be wise to fit the AMG 6.3 into a front-wheel drive setup... :eek:

... but on the looks front it does impress!
there will be an AMG version with 300-350 hp and it will be awd ( allegedly)

·
Registered
2001-W210-CAPRI METALIC BLUE-/ 2002-W210 E300D
908 Posts
Horse Crap.... for MB USA.... as usual..

Understand, MB USA has built on stupid rich people who want to buy status.
The DO NOT CARE about us who are gear heads,
in fact I just took my 210 to Beverly Hills MB and they just wanted to f*** me and get me out the door.
They make ther money selling cars and unneed service at inflated prices.
As long as that works for them they will not change. They will not bring the full fleet to the USA, EVER,,,,

I now by my cars from a regular dealer in Germany then pay the 1200 us ti ship them back.

Why should I give an american dealer 30,000 extra just to kiss me and tell me how nice I look in tha mb I don't want.

I will write a check today for 2 B cars, but it aint happenin folks.
B

·
Registered
2000, 430CLK Cabriolet
540 Posts
So, do I understand correctly, that this is a 4 banger economy MB with high MPG ?
If yes, then seems interesting. What's the $ tag on these ?

·
Premium Member
SL's & 500E's
1,978 Posts
See link in first post

Is there a press release or news article this is based on??

I can't find any info anywhere else online...

:confused:
Google found the following

See the link in the first post,

here is another link

2013 Mercedes A-Class hits showrooms with extensive accessories

and another Google hit

Mercedes-Benz A-class

Then A sub article taken from the above link that addresses the AMG question

Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG Confirmed: 350 hp, Rear-Biased AWD [Updated with Images]

For the A class SUV question that hasn't been asked yet

Confirmed: Mercedes-Benz A-class?Based Compact SUV On Its Way

Not A class, but interesting B class news

MBUSA Delivers first F-Cell Zero-Emission fuel cell automobile to Southern California Customer | Mercedes-Benz Club of America

·
Registered
234 Posts
The continued devaluation of Mercedes. BMW makes the junk 1 series, Mercedes must follow suit.

A-Class = ponitac sunfire with a body kit.
your an idiot, the new A-Class is a huge improvement over old Gen B-Class and lightyears ahead of the old A-Class, Pontiac Sunfire has nothing to do with anything.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
It would be nice to see some real info/facts on these A-classes.

·
Registered
2000 Merc. E320 4matic Wagon 210.282 Desert Silver
827 Posts
That looks really good! Where were you 7 years ago when we purchased a small 5 door car? Darn, can't get one now with the growing family.

The B class really turned me off. I have been able to drive a Canadian one here in the states. Lots of people from Alberta have them. I believe they are a very cheap Mercedes and look as ugly as can be. They don't handle well and are underpowered. A completely disposable car after ten years if you are lucky. Just my personal opinion. Please take no offense to it.

This A class looks promising. An AMG version would have quite a following!

·
Registered
234 Posts
It would be nice to see some real info/facts on these A-classes.
you can check youtube (official Mercedes) or press releases on youtube. also in Europe they are already selling the A-class... google Mercedes Benz UK

·
Registered
234 Posts
That looks really good! Where were you 7 years ago when we purchased a small 5 door car? Darn, can't get one now with the growing family.

The B class really turned me off. I have been able to drive a Canadian one here in the states. Lots of people from Alberta have them. I believe they are a very cheap Mercedes and look as ugly as can be. They don't handle well and are underpowered. A completely disposable car after ten years if you are lucky. Just my personal opinion. Please take no offense to it.

This A class looks promising. An AMG version would have quite a following!
The old B-class was crap, I had it as a loaner when they were doing oil changes on my gl, i was scared to take turn over 40km an hour in that car

·
Registered
2014 C300 4matic sport
6 Posts
God I hope not. I am a Mercedes dealer parts profesional, and all we need is another entry level car that still costs as much to maintain. The people that buy this will still not be able to afford it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts