Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 560sl is virtually new with only 15000 miles.I am having the oil changed and filter.I will be using Syntec 5W50 which is synthetic oil.Also the antifreeze will be replaced as well as the brake fluid.My question is...should I be considering any other preventitive maintenance than the above noted work.Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There are several items - air filter, transmission fluid & filter, check brake pads, etc.<br>
<br>
Mercedes recommends changing brake fluid anualy.<br>
<br>
I purchased my 560 a year ago and ended up getting the maintenance CD from Mercedes. It has everything you need to know, and then some.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stan,until I get the CD could you tell me the state -of-the-art way to do a radiator flush on my 560sl? I did it by unfastening the lower radiator hose,however, I believe there exist two engine radiator drain plugs ,one on the left and one on the right of the engine,(where are they located?).Also does one connect a water hose to the over-flow tank so as to do a proper flush? Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts