Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes 320 CE Cabriolet 1993
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning - I have had this car for nearly ten years (car registered 1993)
and have recently experienced a problem with the idle speed. When I start the car the revs are round 1000rpm but when I put the car in reverse or drive the Idle speed drops to around 6000rpm and then starts to jump between 6000rpm and 1000rpm until I either select nuetral or park or the engine cuts out. The idle speed will also jump around if I stop in traffic until I change to neutral or park again. I find however that if the weather is cold and I start the car the car idle speed remains high and does not bounce if I change to reverse or drive - any suggestions would be gratefull recieved as this is very frustrating!!!

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Welcome to Benzworld. Please complete your profile as this will help members give you the most accurate answer to your questions. Location is also important when we need to help you find parts etc. This forum is for introductions only and all questions should be posted on the appropriate sub forum for your car.

·
Registered
Mercedes 320 CE Cabriolet 1993
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sub Forum

Thank you for your reply Eric

Where do I find the Sub Forum to post my question? Being new not sure where everything is on this site!

·
Registered
1996, A124, E320 Sportline Cabriolet x 2
1,555 Posts
Gunge on the throttle butterfly valve is a known problem on the M104. May be contributing to the problem. A good old fashioned solvent clean may very well help.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts