Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2014 g wagon 550. I was going through the car wash and my automatic windshield sensor was on. The windshield wipers got caught in the blue washing strings and now the driver side works but passenger side does not come up. The car wash is not taking responsibility although I dont think a sign is there saying to turn them off, although they are saying one is there now. My question is anyone know how much this repair is or how to fix? The passenger side seems stripped or something or loose but how to get to it seems difficult. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
96 G300DT
2,184 Posts
Could be something simple like the wiper arm is slipping on the shaft that is coming though the firewall. Pop up the cap on the wiper that is at the shaft end. Run the wiper and see if the shaft is turning. If so, tighten it down a bit with the wiper in the correct orientation. If it isn't turning. The drive arm inside the dash has fallen off on one end or the other. Sadly, I don't know the dash of this version.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be something simple like the wiper arm is slipping on the shaft that is coming though the firewall. Pop up the cap on the wiper that is at the shaft end. Run the wiper and see if the shaft is turning. If so, tighten it down a bit with the wiper in the correct orientation. If it isn't turning. The drive arm inside the dash has fallen off on one end or the other. Sadly, I don't know the dash of this version.
So this peice can pop up? Thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
16,766 Posts
Try lifting the arm up to the out position. Don't let it flop back, have a helper to hold it. Then the little cap should flip up. You can see if it just needs tightening up there, the arm is held on by one nut.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try lifting the arm up to the out position. Don't let it flop back, have a helper to hold it. Then the little cap should flip up. You can see if it just needs tightening up there, the arm is held on by one nut.
Thank you much you guys.I almost went to the stearlership and spent $175... good stuff.

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
16,766 Posts
Haha nooo don't go there 😂

1 - 6 of 6 Posts