Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes E320
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm a new member and due to my recent job lay off I'm forced to do some work on my wifes 2000 E320. First order of business is to replace plugs and wires. The vehicle has 81K, and a week ago I paid a local mechanic $350 for an oil change, tire rotation, and they replaced 2 plug wires as the engine light came on and car was running rough. The very next day the engine light came on and I took it in and the obd2 codes were for mass air flow sensor, so they reset, and light has not come back on yet.

What is the procedure for plug and wire access? What tools will I need? How do you get to the battery to disconnect? Do I need anti sieze on new plugs? How do you pre crush plug washer and is it necessary? Do you need to torque new plugs to a certain lb. of pressure? As near as I can tell plugs should be FR8DPP33, and Bosch wires 09852. Does anyone know where I can get the best price on the parts?

·
Registered
1999 E320, 1975 450SEL, 1979 280SE
384 Posts
Hi Brent and welcome. Go to the W210 section here and do a search of that forum for lots of info, including stickys about plug changes, etc. Lots of pics and really great help there. I can tell you that you should use no anti sieze on the plugs. There is also lots of info about great places to get parts at great prices. Hope this helps, Peter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.