Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Mercedes 129 Burlwood Dash Kit

6K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Poundy 
#1 ·
Well for those that have been following the forum for a while are aware that I own a custom dash kit manufacturing company. I have done one kit for the 129 series in the past (Chrome Accents) and have just completed the Burl wood interior upgrade for the 129. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions you could offer.

I have the kit on eBay now and you can see it at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2442679938&category=33705

We are also getting ready to release a Burl wood instrument cluster overlay with chrome rings attached to it.

Again please take the time to look at it and give us your opinion.

Thank you

Rich Henry
(414) 529-5139

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I can't believe it - a reasonably priced enhancement to the R129!! It looks good and se...

I can't believe it - a reasonably priced enhancement to the R129!! It looks good and seems like a good value (unlike many otehr mods).

BTW< I think you could do well with the chrome guage bezels. I just bought a pair from some guy in Germany for $100.00.

#4 ·
Chrome Gauge Rings

Thank you for your compliment!!! I was very happy when we finally came through with the design for this kit (6 months in the making). We are already working on a couple of add-ons for this kit (Trim around ignition switch, trim around light switch) and should have them done soon.

As for the burl wood gauge assembly with chrome gauge rings we are discussing offing the kit together with gauge rings and separately (Gauge rings only). The suspected retail for the kit complete with gauge rings is $99.00 and $59 for the gauge rings alone.

Again I would like to hear what people have to say. It is had for us to invest this much time and money into a project without hearing what the enthusiasts have to say.

Thank you

Rich

#5 ·
I say go ahead with it - I think they will sell well, especially at those prices. You m...

I say go ahead with it - I think they will sell well, especially at those prices. You might want to take a look at http://www.performanceproducts.com, they sell a lot of similar stuff (but no bezel rings), but their prices are WAY TOO HIGH. (So don't get any ideas :) ).

#10 ·
Thank you,

We also completed the burlwood cluster and the brushed aluminum silver arrow style cluster. Our website is www.TheDriversCorner.com the mercedes section should be up by monday and will have many different pictures of the kit and other accesories we have developed.

#12 ·
Is this the same driverscorner.com that a few years ago took orders, repeatedly promised delivery of accessories such as a storage box to replace the console casette holder and never made good on those promises to many people?
Hopefully it's different because reasonably priced burl panels would be most welcome.

#15 ·
I can see your point. But, I also think it is nice to leave them open. Maybe years later the supplier (not saying this one) went bad or is giving poor service or the product is not holding up over the years.

It would be easier and more organized to find this in one thread rather than sorting through many.

Respectfully, just my opinion for thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.