Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
MB 300 SL
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for those that have been following the forum for a while are aware that I own a custom dash kit manufacturing company. I have done one kit for the 129 series in the past (Chrome Accents) and have just completed the Burl wood interior upgrade for the 129. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions you could offer.

I have the kit on eBay now and you can see it at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2442679938&category=33705

We are also getting ready to release a Burl wood instrument cluster overlay with chrome rings attached to it.

Again please take the time to look at it and give us your opinion.

Thank you

Rich Henry
(414) 529-5139

Attachments

·
Registered
MB 300 SL
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pictures Working

The link I attached above was not allowing the pictures to be seen. I have corrected it now and look forward to hearing your responses.

·
Registered
92 300E
78 Posts
I can't believe it - a reasonably priced enhancement to the R129!! It looks good and se...

I can't believe it - a reasonably priced enhancement to the R129!! It looks good and seems like a good value (unlike many otehr mods).

BTW< I think you could do well with the chrome guage bezels. I just bought a pair from some guy in Germany for $100.00.

·
Registered
MB 300 SL
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chrome Gauge Rings

Thank you for your compliment!!! I was very happy when we finally came through with the design for this kit (6 months in the making). We are already working on a couple of add-ons for this kit (Trim around ignition switch, trim around light switch) and should have them done soon.

As for the burl wood gauge assembly with chrome gauge rings we are discussing offing the kit together with gauge rings and separately (Gauge rings only). The suspected retail for the kit complete with gauge rings is $99.00 and $59 for the gauge rings alone.

Again I would like to hear what people have to say. It is had for us to invest this much time and money into a project without hearing what the enthusiasts have to say.

Thank you

Rich

·
Registered
92 300E
78 Posts
I say go ahead with it - I think they will sell well, especially at those prices. You m...

I say go ahead with it - I think they will sell well, especially at those prices. You might want to take a look at http://www.performanceproducts.com, they sell a lot of similar stuff (but no bezel rings), but their prices are WAY TOO HIGH. (So don't get any ideas :) ).

·
Registered
MB 300 SL
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Agree

While I think there products are great I too agree that the price is not for the masses. I hope that one day they too will agree with us.

·
Registered
95 C280 | 98 SL500
10 Posts
Rich,
I'm very interested in this, however I'm not sure how it will go together.
Can you point me to a place with quality pictures?

Thanks
David

·
Registered
2000 SL500 Sport
3 Posts
I ordered the brushed aluminum dash kit this company offers for the 129, and the quality was excellent.

·
Registered
MB 300 SL
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you,

We also completed the burlwood cluster and the brushed aluminum silver arrow style cluster. Our website is www.TheDriversCorner.com the mercedes section should be up by monday and will have many different pictures of the kit and other accesories we have developed.

·
Registered
1990 500sl
14 Posts
Where Can I See Your Burlwood Instrument Cluster Upgrade?

Good morning/afternoon, Rich.

Where can I see your burlwood instrument cluster upgrade for the R129?

Also, please advise pricing, availability, and ordering information.

Thank you!

Russ Gieselman
c: 412-498-2306

·
Registered
2000 SL500 Mineral Green
222 Posts
Is this the same driverscorner.com that a few years ago took orders, repeatedly promised delivery of accessories such as a storage box to replace the console casette holder and never made good on those promises to many people?
Hopefully it's different because reasonably priced burl panels would be most welcome.

·
Registered
1999 SL500, 2004 CLK500, 2006 Cadillac SRX
873 Posts
Until yesterday, this thread had no comments for 6 years. I am surprised that closing a thread is not an option or that the moderators do not close a thread.

·
Sith Lord
72 280SE 88 560SEC 92 E500 6.0 95 SL320 14 GLK350
11,813 Posts
Will you bare in patience?

We're waiting for the burl wood to grow so we can harvest it and make a dash.

·
Registered
'96 SL500, Triple Black
1,650 Posts
Until yesterday, this thread had no comments for 6 years. I am surprised that closing a thread is not an option or that the moderators do not close a thread.
I can see your point. But, I also think it is nice to leave them open. Maybe years later the supplier (not saying this one) went bad or is giving poor service or the product is not holding up over the years.

It would be easier and more organized to find this in one thread rather than sorting through many.

Respectfully, just my opinion for thought.

·
Registered
1991 SL500 with the Panoramic hard top. (Glass Roof)
15 Posts
Front dash kit

Too bad its so old I have been searching high and low for a front dash kit.
Any advice?

·
Registered
6 Posts
MERCEDES SL 129 90-95 SL500 Power Seat Control Burlwood TRIM LEFT DRIVER

Do you have this piece or can you get it?

Larry Strickland
901-517-4546

·
Premium Member
2015 Jaguar XF R Sport Twin Turbo, 1992 500sl Pano, 1999 CBR 1100XX, Super BlackBird, Jaguar X Type
4,818 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts