Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys
Just sharing a couple of Pictures to show what the Navigator unit in our W140 should look like ,.VVEE 12 did a great Modification for its needs , Congrats .. and thanks to the donor of the pics of which i have forgotten the webpage ,which is most likely in Japan or China looking at the screen Map.
Ciao

Attachments

·
Registered
'14 E350, '07 CLK350, '01 SLK320
1,144 Posts
Its ironic that you mention "jap crap" in your post. Did you happen to notice the language on the screen? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
7,218 Posts
Nice observation , but the car is most likely in Japan cruising along its streets , the pictures shown r for reference w140 only , u can install any language into the nav .
Sadly these were only optioned in the Japanese market, there was however a nav system for Europe it looks like a normal heatunit but has I think voice and some directional commands.

·
Premium Member
1996 S320 (Kuro) 1998 S600 (Weiss)
2,886 Posts
Hi Guys
Just sharing a couple of Pictures to show what the Navigator unit in our W140 should look like , in case nobody knows i think this Nav is from a W220 or ML 2000 not sure , aftermarkets r ok but always have that jap crap look and feel of it i belive ( personal opinion ), anyway enjoy these Pics .VVEE 12 did a great Modification for its needs , Congrats .. and thanks to the donor of the pics of which i have forgotten the webpage ,which is most likely in Japan or China looking at the screen Map.
Ciao
You're new to posting here so I'll be nice - did you stop to think there may possibly be Japanese members here before making comments like that?

As NZBENZ says - it was a Japan "only" option as not only is the software in Japanese, but some of the buttons are as well.

The pictures you posted are of a W140 and if you had searched the forum before posting you would have found that I posted this info in two threads (bayhas "parting out" and the "official picture thread") in the last week (it has also been posted by others before).

Here's a close up so you can see the buttons properly.

(in case anyone's wondering why there are also swaztika's on the display - that is actually the 'kanji' or 'Chinese character' for 'temple' (that Hitler ruined the meaning of))

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
Haku,

if I buy like this w140 with this nav system, can I change the nav screen language to english or not?

thanks in advance

Hi bzprince - there is no option to switch to English on this system unfortunately.

·
SL55, 300SE, GL450, Daytona 955i
10,293 Posts
Ditto what Haku said, but I add: stop talking like you know everything there is to know about W140, not because i care what you think or i want to offend you, but for the sake of other uninformed member (newbies)... they run into your posts, they read the wrongful info you are posting (with very confident tone), and they start treating it as a fact... before you know it, half the board becomes misinformed.

·
SL55, 300SE, GL450, Daytona 955i
10,293 Posts
(in case anyone's wondering why there are also swaztika's on the display
so Mercedes-Benz being made in Germany has nothing to do with that?

LOL :D:):p:D

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
...and they start treating it as a fact... before you know it, half the board becomes misinformed.

I know what you mean - I almost started to believe that my right hand drive's steering wheel was on the wrong side there for a while! :D

·
Registered
1996 S500 Mercedes Lorinser Edition
1 Posts
Climate controls

We are having trouble figuring out how to adjust our climate controls, especially the fan to turn up the air conditioning. Our screen flickers off and on all the time. Which buttons control the fan on/off and speed?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts