Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to me that my cars roof upholstery are hanging more and more every day is this a common problem with the 560 Sec and what can be done. Will it be better to replace it or fixed it

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Search the archives as mbcoupes . com a fellow named chet has written an Excellent piece on how you can fix your sagging headliner problem. Or, you can buy a new one for about 1600 at this point.
Jonathan

·
Registered
380SEC EURO
1,430 Posts
C.J.V. - 2/7/2005 5:28 PM

Seems to me that my cars roof upholstery are hanging more and more every day is this a common problem with the 560 Sec and what can be done. Will it be better to replace it or fixed it
If the fabric is in good condition then have it repaired:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/chwilka/drooping_headliner_repair.htm

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
That's just the write up I was speaking of:)

Jonathan

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,289 Posts
I just had my headliner re-covered (non-original cloth..) for $200 at my local upholstry shop.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
That's Really cheap..considerig the time and effort required to get that headliner in and out. Unfortunetly you can't get the OE material :-/ I've seen some people who have recovered in suede as well.

Jonathan

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,289 Posts
Cheap?

Well, I had the rear window out for a major rust job (lower edge of the window frame...) so I used the great "access" to have the headliner replaced. Much easier to work on through the rear window.

I was under the impression that you could get the original cloth from World Upholstry & Trim in California, http://www.worlduph.com/mb22.htm.
I chose to go with what my upholstry guy recommended because the original cloth is about $120/sq. Yard.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Yup..Cheap...! I charge more then that to redo someones old headliner. My labour alone is over 200. I've seen the stuff from world, it's not exactly the same, neither is the stuff from GAHH.

Jonathan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts