Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML55
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that Mendocino's 350 has a lot of the traits of a 55... i.e. the hood bumps, the rims, and even the AMG logo on the back. But it clearly says ML 350 on the rear left of the vehicle. Is MB starting to market the AMG name as a package upgrade for asthetics? Or are they "sooping" the smaller models in the name of economical performance?

·
Registered
2000 ML55
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And for the love of GOD will somebody please tell me how in HELL you post pictures in this place?

·
Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
4,714 Posts
Ha ha ha ha ha - I think the "AMG" badge on his truck has more to do with Mendocino's aspirations than AMG's.

In the later ML's especially the ML350/ML500 Special Editions the AMG power bulges, silver and chrome grille and dark burlwood on the console became standard features.

The Letters "AMG" on the back of the truck usually signifies an AMG engine not the aesthetic package/features of the truck.

·
Registered
2000 ML430 SOLD, 2007 BMW 328i Coupe, 2014 BMW i3, 2019 Honda Odyssey
2,982 Posts
The Letters "AMG" on the back of the truck usually signifies an AMG engine not the aesthetic package/features of the truck.
To clarify, they either signify someone's AMG (whole package: engine, transmission, suspension, and cosmetic treatment), or their ability to install a badge bought off ebay.

Careful what you ask, you just might open pandora's box on this one.

·
Registered
2000 ML55
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sorry, I meant no offense to anybody. I just thought that maybe AMG had begun tweeking the smaller engines again so that you could get some spirited performance out of a smaller package...

·
Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
4,714 Posts
I'm sorry, I meant no offense to anybody. I just thought that maybe AMG had begun tweeking the smaller engines again so that you could get some spirited performance out of a smaller package...
Nah, Boca's just pulling your leg!:)

There have been some.....shall we say 'heated' debates on this Forum about people who stick badges onto their truck/vehicle to make out it was something that it wasn't.:p

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
And for the love of GOD will somebody please tell me how in HELL you post pictures in this place?
On the post reply page, scroll down a little bit and you'll see a button that says "Manage Attachments". You can then upload the pictures there.

Or you can upload the pictures elsewhere like imageshack.us or photobucket.com and take the picture URL and paste it in between the
tags. There is also a button in the post text options that is a mountain with a yellow background. Click that and paste the URL in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts