Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 190e 2.6 Sportline
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is not to bash LAMF, but to warn other benzworld members not to do business with him. i was trying to buy a clutch and brake pedal set from him and had other people wanting to sell me theirs, but i figured i would buy from a 190 owner instead of a junk yard. he said he would send me pictures, but never did. now the other sets from the junk yard are sold. i sent him messages and he will not respond but i can clearly see that he has been on line recently. moral of the story is to be sure who you are doing business with before you get put in a tough spot. :bash:

·
2.3-16 | A3 2.0T | 986 Boxster
5,048 Posts
Has money changed hands? There's many reasons why parts become no longer available. If you were waiting for pictures and never got them, that should have been your clue to move on to another parts source.

·
Registered
1989 190E 2.6
715 Posts
^Agreed, not to say anything against you but since you didn't actually pay for them and the only thing you never got were pictures I don't think you should call him a bad seller. There's a possibility he had them for sale somewhere else and you were second in line for them.

·
Registered
1984 190D 2.2
2,458 Posts
^Agreed, not to say anything against you but since you didn't actually pay for them and the only thing you never got were pictures I don't think you should call him a bad seller. There's a possibility he had them for sale somewhere else and you were second in line for them.
Second that.

·
Registered
92 190e 2.6 Sportline
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no money exchanged hands, but he kept promising that he would and it left me hung out to dry. i had all intentions of buying from him.

·
Registered
92 190e 2.6 Sportline
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
never said he was a bad seller, just not the best communicator. when someone keeps promising something even after you tell him you are going to buy them somewhere else....kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

·
Registered
1993 190E 2.3 Limited #566/700
1,740 Posts
If money wasn't involved them there is no reason to bash LAMF. He's a respected member of this site and a few others. For some reason you are coming off like a girl who got stood up at prom or something and even with that example money would be involved. Not his fault you didn't buy from the junkyard just in case either. Please, put some thought into your posts. Thanks.

·
IR MODERATOR
1996 Volvo 855GLT, 1993 MB 190e 2.3 8v, 1998 Subaru Outback SUS, 1991 BMW 525, 1998 MB C230
9,228 Posts
no ones getting bashed the op is just stating that lamf is bad at communications. it may be a busy time for him so he may not be alwayus on or free. i know he frequents the rev more then here. if no money changed hands its all good but if money did change hands then i would file a paypal claim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.