Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Proud owner of an Blue-Black (Charcol Gray) '91 420SEL
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone familiar with the brand name "Melle" or "Mele" Exhaust and Intake valves and Exhaust & Intake guides?
I have an opportunity to purchase some 1991 4.2 heads with about 6,000 miles on them here locally but am not familiar with the brand name.
All guides and all valves were replaced with heads having 115,000 miles on them on the original engine to which they are still attached.
Not my first choice as I had purchased German TRW valves and M.B. guides for my heads but won't be pursuing that avenue since these heads are available and I can't find anyone to machine my valve guide bores for less than $500 anyway.
Heads are rebuilt by a German Tool & Die Factory Mercedes Mechanic of many many years.
Not yet been resurfaced as they did not need it last time and all standard o.d. guides.
If these are o.k. for 100,000 miles then I can plug and play and then get back to putting some miles on my car once again.

jimm1009

·
Premium Member
1983 380SL, 2000 S430, 1991 420SEL (retired) - RHD
5,616 Posts
Would that be Meyle? Haven't read anything bad about Meyle. They make metal backed chain guides, amongst other things.

·
Registered
Proud owner of an Blue-Black (Charcol Gray) '91 420SEL
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct in the spelling.
I was writing this down as given to me by a heavy East German accent
so I did not get it correct.
I absolutely mean no disrespect to any of our German members so PLEASE do not be offended. The citizens of Germany had the same problem with me as I had a southern US accent with many slangs when I lived Stuttgart so it is just part of different cultures.
jimm1009

1 - 3 of 3 Posts