Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 420SEL, 89 560SL, 92 300TE
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone!

The Scratch-X product has been mentioned a few times on the forums, including the tip that it will remove small scratches from the glass on the car. I decided to give it a try on my car.

I recently replaced my hood after a minor accident, and replaced my trunk lid because of a small rust spot over the chrome handle. The paint shop used my color code (Arctic White) to paint these bits before installation. The existing paint, with 18 years of smog and crap, looked greyish-yellow next to the new paint. I planned to have a body shop buff out the old paint, but I was cleaning up "problem areas" - around the door handles, the window frames, etc., with Scratch-X, and they came out BEAUTIFUL. So I polished the roof and side panels of the car... oh, my GOD! It removed stuff I never knew was there. My car no longer needs buffing out! The Scratch-X was very easy to use - the side panels only took me about two hours, including hand-washing the car before I started. Before I started on this project, my car was white. Now it is WHITE!!!! It almost glows in the dark. There is still a large amount of "bonded contaminants" on the roof, after polishing twice with Scratch-X, so I plan to clay the roof this weekend. Other than that, the car is gorgeous. I highly recommend this product!

Anyone who has a light-colored 126 that has seen more weather and sun than it should should check this stuff out.

-Robert

·
Registered
380SEC EURO
1,430 Posts
"Scratch-X" is a great product. I use it and I love the stuff. It requires a little elbow grease, though.

·
Registered
'80 500SE AMG '80 300SD '78 450SLC '00 Passat GLX Wagon
1,155 Posts
I'm going to have to try this if it ever stops raining here. Maybe it could at least get the paint presentable again until it gets repainted. I'll get some before and after pics if it works.

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sportline W124
790 Posts
OCStrider - 4/6/2005 5:05 PM

......Anyone who has a light-colored 126 that has seen more weather and sun than it should should check this stuff out.

-Robert

Wow. I'll use it ASAP for my trunk. Thanks Robert!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts