Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
02 G500
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to meet (by chance) a member of the site! I ran into Bterpstra, who recently moved to Colorado. It was a pleasure to meet you and your family. I hope it went well with your tire, love your truck! breakfast was great at the Country Cafe in Kettridge. One of these days I'd like to get together with you and Dave Hipine, Dave I've seen you and that great truck of yours several times on 285, but could'nt catch up with ya. Take care everyone.

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
Any time you'd like to get together, just say the word! If you can't catch me, then you must always see me when I'm going DOWNHILL! [:)]

-Dave G.

·
Registered
1981 300GD
71 Posts
Was good to meet you as well. Tami had fun the rest of the day poking fun at men and their trucks. She just doesn't understand.

The left tire went flat sitting out in the parking lot at the country cafe where you saw me. Made it back home OK, just had to stop for air every 30 miles or so.

Later that afternoon, the front tire got punctured going over a rock as we came down Guanella Pass just outside of Georgetown. Finished the day with one marginal tire and one fatally injured.

Made it back home OK, but stopping for air all the time didn't do much for my wife's impression of "the other woman."

Looks like I have a brand new set of BFG A/T's in my immediate future.

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
JamesG - 5/9/2005 1:06 PM

I finally got to meet (by chance) a member of the site! I ran into Bterpstra, who recently moved to Colorado.
We also met Brian by happenstance last Fall at the Island in the Sky district of Canyonland NP. He was on his way to CO to find a house and we were there for the Treffen.

It is a very small world we live in. [:D]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts