Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone explain the difference between the two. I have the ipod intergration and the aux port alreadey but cant play video files from the ipod/iphone. There is not a lot of info on the integration kit video. Help!

·
Registered
25 Posts
just got mine MIP and here is what i think

I have the ipod integration and the aux port on my 2010 GL and the AUX port is for audio only and the ipod video will not play unless you get the video cable from apple and plug it in on the rear TV's video input. I got the MIP today and it works well on the GL, the reason I got it because of the bluetooth audio streaming (since I am so used to it on my toyota). It works well and as far as ipod video it should work but I think you need to also purchase a special cable that goes with the media interface plus unit. however when i asked about this special cable the part's dept guy had no idea such cable existed but I am sure it is out there maybe not out yet but rumor is if you have this cable then the video on your ipod or iphone will play, but seems like there are lots of steps to do before you can watch the video on your ipod or iphone. If you have some extra money then I would suggest you to get the MIP.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts