Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Car died, any recommendations for a trustworthy, reasonably priced mechanic near UCLA (site of the dead car), Santa Monica, West LA, Culver City, Brentwood, etc.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I go to College in Brentwood and my favorite trustworthy mechanic in santa monica is Europa Motors. Tony Caldas is the owner. 1924 14th Street Santa Monica, Ca 90404 310.392.3229

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Yup, that's who Curtis told me to go to. I've actually had him adjust my valves. He's a pretty nice guy charges fair too

·
Registered
55 Posts
Repair Shop

I had a problem with my 85 300D while visiting LA a couple months ago. It's a hike, but Walters MB in Riverside was unbelievable!

They have a classic car department. Darrell is the head mechanic. The hourly rate may be a little higher than an independent, but Darrell worked on my car for over 2 hours fixing little things that I didn't even know where wrong and only charged me 1/2 hour labor. The car drove (and still does) like it is brand new. His diagnostic skill is mind boggling.

I would get it to Riverside and have Darrell look it over.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Herbert is a good guy but they're booked up with high end customers. I have seen him blasting up and down Olympic in what appeared to be a straight piped 300SL with a V-8...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts