Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1997 E320
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of a good independent mechanic in the Lehigh Valley area of Pa. Allentown Bethlehem Easton Quakertown. Actually.. anywhere between Phila and the Poconos would be alright.
Thanks in advance
yumski

·
Registered
2001 E320; 2002 ML500
1,982 Posts
Unfortunately there aren't many, if any good MB mechanics in this area. This is why I do all I can myself and what I can't do, the dealer takes care of it (which is little to nothing).
What do you need done?

·
Registered
1997 E320
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Sergio,
I have some kind of oil leak in the top part of the engine. It's a 1997 E320. In the past I've taken the car to Keenan in Doylestown. Seems to do a good job but it's not the cheapest. Another mechanic I know said he would "give it a try" but I don't think I want that. What dealer are you going to? Is there a big difference from one dealer to another? I've only tried Keenan. Car currently has 74,000 miles. I thought maybe I could find an ex-dealer mechanic or someone like that in the area. I've heard of a few that do general "foreign car service" but I want specifically Mercedes.
yumski

·
Registered
2001 E320; 2002 ML500
1,982 Posts
Are you sure it's an oil leak? Around what area are you seeing the leak?
I go to R&S Imports, now Mercedes of Fort Washington. If I were you, I would complain loud and clear to the service manager. Tell him you don't accept that a 74000 mile car has an oil leak. Use the phrase "goodwill" and sometimes, if you get lucky, they will repair it at a significantly reduced rate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts