Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a srs light on which will not reset on the scanner.

The error code is ' 001 CONTROL MODULE N2/2'
'037 SEAT INSTALLED RECONISION CODING FAULTY'

Does anyone know if this is a specific sensor or the main unit.

Thanks

·
Registered
A160 2003
3 Posts
A160 (w168) SRS Codes

Poor old Pikey Pete waiting over 5 years for an answer to his question! I hope your problem has been sorted by now. I have recently purchased a 2003 A160 and have to get a Roadworthy certificate in Victoria to change over the Rego. It has the very same codes displayed, so my mechanic tells me, and I can't complete the roadworthy until they are cleared. Please, does anyone know the answer to this question as my wife wants me to get this car on the road asap. Thanks in antisipation af a speedy reply. Allan

·
Registered
A160 W168 /2002
546 Posts
I don't know where you guys are getting these codes from?
There is now a complete list of fault codes EOBD/OBD2 on my site .
The problems with the passenger seat are generally a defective detector mate situated in the seat or the connection below the seat not being made correctly, other than that I not heard of defects arising with modules.
In the UK at least only the more sophisticated diagnostics tools will delete SRS faults & codes, MB or a good Indi MB garage should be able to delete these then see if they come back, even removing the front passenger seat and thus breaking the connector from beneath the seat while put a fault on the memory of the ECU.

Go to my site Albert Rowe, Lofty's homepage. A-class info, wine making, solar panels, Scotland, Canada Rockies, orchids.
I'll ask you where have you been for the last 5 years because the sites been available although has grown rather in the last 5 years! it's free but donations atre always acknowledged and appreciated.
Lofty

·
Registered
A160 2003
3 Posts
A160 Passenger seat sensor (LH)

Hi Lofty, thanks for the reply. I made some enquiries with MB here in Australia about a new genuine seat recognition sensor and the local price is $650 AU. before I shell out that sort of money I would like to test mine for faults. I have removed the sensor mat from the seat and have a multi meter. Can anyone tell me the resistance of the circuits and which pin is which. As you probably know the wires go into a fully sealed circuit box before the sensor mat so it's a bit hard to test components in there. Also, any help with overseas suppliers of genuine or aftermarket sensor mats would be appreciated. Are the A160's sold in the USA? I've looked for parts suppliers there but they don't even list the model. Any help would be appreciated. Kind regards, Allan

·
Registered
A160 2003
3 Posts
A160 SRS fault codes

Hi Guys, I finally got my SRS code faults sorted out. I fitted an emulator that I bought from a guy in Lithuania, who was selling them on Ebay, to the front passenger seat, but the problem persisted. I then bought a used SRS control module from a car salvage yard in the UK and that fixed the problem. Both components were faulty as the code reader had indicated. Thanks to those that offered advice to help with these small problems. I also bought a code reader and re-setter from a Hong Kong supplier and it has already paid for itself after using it to switch off the MIL light on several of my families cars. Regards, Allan

·
Registered
1 Posts
How did you get to the sensor. Can figure out how to remove the seat (even with Lofty's instructions) I have a 1998 S plate A160 elegance. Any help would gratefully be received.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts