Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
POST 1200 ! ! !

Well I met 48HP today to pick up that AMG wheel and see he rescued 500SEL AMG.

WOW What a beautiful car! This lady really loved it! Very clean all the way around and the Engine bay you could literally eat off it. The rest of the car was beautiful too. His trunk stayed up even with the spoiler and the Triangle on it. The inside of the trunk was immaculate. Everything was looked at and taken care of by the PO.

So I picked up the AMG Steering wheel from him and it is in BEAUTIFUL shape there are some pics in the next post and I am going to mount it this morning. I had to get new mounting screws, (Thank You Lowe's) and I needed to get a 10MM Allen to remove the Wheel nut.

I first stopped my the Aalden Bros Pick N Pull where Teutone owns the tool concession there, and we had a nice chat and got caught up from his trip abroad. I also bought a 1/2" breaker bar from him and a set of 3 3/8" drive long extensions.

All in all it was a great day. Today I am supposed to go back down and pick up two sets of Penta's. I hope the guy comes through.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics of the AMG Wheel

Here are pics of the AMG Steering wheel which I am going to mount shortly.

Attachments

·
Registered
1992 300SD, 1986 300SDL, 1995 E420
884 Posts
Curtains!!! that's pretty sweet.

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I loved the curtains too! I Def want them in my sedan!

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will for sure. It feels so much better in my hands. Smaller wheel, fatter too...

I just took it around the block and this thing is sheer joy...

Perfection CAN be perfected even more!

·
Registered
1983-2007 MB's
8,020 Posts
Feels like a go kart compared to the school bus steering wheel, as cascade put it.

48hp, submit your AMG to the calendar!

·
Registered
'00 Mazda MPV, '98 Chrysler Cirrus
1,654 Posts
Wow I love that sedan. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY love it. I loved it before I saw it. I love it so much, 48HP must surely HATE it compared to how much I LOOOOOVE it! I would sell my wife's wagon and stick the occasional extra kid in the trunk if it meant that I could see that sedan in my driveway every day.

If anyone from over there ever comes over here please trade cars with 48HP and bring it near to me so that I can strip down and lay on it after the sun has warmed it's voluptuous flanks. I'll pay.

·
Registered
1982 380SE AMG euro(parted out),1983 300SD "Good Girl", 1984 500SEL AMG euro "Bad Girl"
3,256 Posts
Wow I love that sedan. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY love it. I loved it before I saw it. I love it so much, 48HP must surely HATE it compared to how much I LOOOOOVE it! I would sell my wife's wagon and stick the occasional extra kid in the trunk if it meant that I could see that sedan in my driveway every day.

If anyone from over there ever comes over here please trade cars with 48HP and bring it near to me so that I can strip down and lay on it after the sun has warmed it's voluptuous flanks. I'll pay.
This makes it official...Dimmuburger has taken my place as the most twisted member of the forum :bowdown:

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,487 Posts
One TWISTED SISTER...ER...AH...MISTER....:bowdown::bowdown:
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Hmmm... I need to cut back on coffee.

·
Premium Member
500SL AMG, 500TE AMG, 500SEC AMG Widebody
6,225 Posts

So what you're saying is you really like the car? lol. Thank you dimm.

·
Registered
Depends on the week
3,726 Posts
So what you're saying is you really like the car? lol. Thank you dimm.
Is it me or does that rear AMG bumper piece have a bad wave/warp effect to it? Was it by a heater when it was stored or something?

Either way, that is just awesome.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts

·
Premium Member
500SL AMG, 500TE AMG, 500SEC AMG Widebody
6,225 Posts
Is it me or does that rear AMG bumper piece have a bad wave/warp effect to it? Was it by a heater when it was stored or something?

Either way, that is just awesome.
No, you're spot on. There is an interesting soft arch on both the right and the left side of the rear. I'll pull a straight edge to it and see just how much.

mclare, can you check your spare if it's got the same characteristic?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts