No AC
No Cruise

needs some work...
there will be updates...

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
You are a lucky man to have one of those rare beasts :D :thumbsup: I want one cause of the practicality of it, but I'm happy with my 240D sedan :) And yes keep us posted :) that's a fine machine you got there :thumbsup:

·
Registered
638 Posts
cool find dude, great color, I always loved the hubcap look.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did say it needed work

Here's a few baseline pictures for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That air filter housing looks really strange to me - is it correct?

Very nice car, and very rare.
Thank you.

It seems to fit like it's correct, but what do I know, it's my first Euro 240TD.

Looks like this one I just googled...

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I bought these "Low-Spec" (pre 1982 facelift) headlights 5 years ago to put on this 240TD. Really, long term plan.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I happened upon a Euro wagon bumper today. No dents. No rust that I saw so far. Have all the bits needed including the rubber, rear fog lights, etc. I'll take some pics tomorrow. Any interest?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I happened upon a Euro wagon bumper today. No dents. No rust that I saw so far. Have all the bits needed including the rubber, rear fog lights, etc. I'll take some pics tomorrow. Any interest?
That sounds almost too good to be true.

Yes!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
It's something that doesn't happen every day, indeed!

I'll PM you more details and pics. I should amend that to say there's no rust on the visible chrome parts. There is surface rust on the back, where it's not chromed, but you won't see it when you mount the bumper and it could be cleaned up pretty easy. The car looked like it lived in a salt free area, and at least part of its life in Arizona, so it was low rust.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts
About this Discussion
158 Replies
32 Participants
MBZ300CD
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing