Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in June of 2001 we PURCHASED a 2001 ML 320. After only 10 months of driving the truck turned out to be a lemon, and after 10 months MB did a 'buy back' to avoid me filing under the lemon law. During the initial purchase we had also purchased a 4 year MBUSA warranty for $2550 (4 yr warranties are no longer sold by MBUSA). This warranty was terminated at the dealership since we no longer would own the ML.<br> <br> Today I received a check for $1,130..!!!! Unbelievable!! How can they deduct over $1,000 for 10 months of warranty ownership when the entire 4 year warranty only cost $2550 to begin with?!<br> <br> I would think a 4 year warranty at $2550 would be pro-rated at approx $-637 per year, or better yet..since they sold me the lemon in the first place refund my entire $2550 paid for the extended warranty purchased, but never used. <br> <br> MBUSA told me to speak to the finance mgr at my dealership, the dealership said to speak with MBUSA warranty department. This is ridiculous!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I do not know what stae you are in, but I would contact the State Attorney General Office, Department of Consumer Affairs.<br> <br> These are the people no business wants to !#&@ with. You will get results.<br> <br> Good Luck

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You also have to factor in the dealer's commission, which is probaly why MB told you to contact the dealer. I would assume they keep their profit on the warranty and buy it at wholesale from MB, hence your prorated portion is off the wholesale price. Good luck with the dealer. You should be able to make a great case.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dear Neicey,<br> <br> In addition to the State authorities, try the local office of the Federal Trade Commission. I have used them several times in cases like this... Magic!<br> <br> God Luck,<br> Rex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts