Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2010 C63 AMG Kleeman--ECU, LT Headers and Airbox & Coilovers
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2007 E63 with a MB Certified extended warranty. I had a strut go bad, and Mercedes says there aren't any replacement struts in the world, so my car sits outside, in the dealership's lot for at least 3 months. I spent $4000 on an extended warranty, and asked Mercedes to either extend my warranty for the amount of time my car sits in their lot, or refund me for those months. They have denied my request.

This is just not right, because it eats up my warranty. I feel I am being punished because of their mismanagement of replacement parts. I have owned 3 Mercedes in the past 4 years, and was looking forward to buying another one. I never imagined that Mercedes would treat their customers so poorly. I have also owned 13 Audi's and have always bought German cars because I believed the service was at a superior level....apparently not so much with Mercedes Benz.

·
Registered
Timeship, see you yesterday, but you already knew that.
4,103 Posts
I have a 2007 E63 with a MB Certified extended warranty. I had a strut go bad, and Mercedes says there aren't any replacement struts in the world, so my car sits outside, in the dealership's lot for at least 3 months. I spent $4000 on an extended warranty, and asked Mercedes to either extend my warranty for the amount of time my car sits in their lot, or refund me for those months. They have denied my request.

I feel this is very dishonest, because it eats up my warranty. I have to pay the price because of their mistake of not having any replacement struts manufactured. It is dishonest and not fair! I honestly never expected Mercedes to have such poor and unfair customer service.
Which strut?

·
Registered
99 E430, 01 E430 Sport, 00 SL500
3,266 Posts
If I were you, I'd review the terms of the extended warranty. When I see a have a case, I take them to court.

·
Registered
2001 E430 4Matic
466 Posts

I feel this is very dishonest, because it eats up my warranty. I have to pay the price because of their mistake of not having any replacement struts manufactured. It is dishonest and not fair! I honestly never expected Mercedes to have such poor and unfair customer service.

Why not buy a used one for the time being so you may drive your vehicle?? When they have the part available make an appointment and take it in to get repaired

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why not buy a used one for the time being so you may drive your vehicle?? When they have the part available make an appointment and take it in to get repaired
Is that what a $4000 warranty is for? Plus, they said they only replace them in pairs, which I didn't mind, since I'm under warranty, only they claim there are no replacements.

·
Registered
2001 E430 4Matic
466 Posts
Is that what a $4000 warranty is for? Plus, they said they only replace them in pairs, which I didn't mind, since I'm under warranty, only they claim there are no replacements.

Apparently your 4,000 dollar warranty isn't helping you out now is it? Stop complaining. Take another 100 or 200 dollar loss. Fix the car your damn self and when they have the part available get it fixed. I rather spend 200 or so instead of it sitting 3 months. In your case another 3 months. Take this lesson with a grain of salt. Live and learn.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I were you, I'd review the terms of the extended warranty. When I see a have a case, I take them to court.

I filed Better Business Bureau complaints today against MBUSA and the MB of Sarasota. I also own an online advertising agency. I told MBUSA that I would be sending out a consumer alert about them to 4.5 million people next week if we don't have things worked out by then.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Apparently your 4,000 dollar warranty isn't helping you out now is it? Stop complaining. Take another 100 or 200 dollar loss. Fix the car your damn self and when they have the part available get it fixed. I rather spend 200 or so instead of it sitting 3 months. In your case another 3 months.
The AMG air-ride struts are $1800 each, new, I highly doubt I'm gonna get one replaced for $100-200 including labor! I tell you what...I'll give you $300 and you can change it for me and keep all the profit you make. Do you wanna change it in the dealership parking lot, or would that $100-200 cover the tow too?
Maybe you're used to bending over for people, but I'm not. If I wanted to be treated like crap, I'd buy a Chevy.

Between the Better Business Bureau and with my company, the ability to send consumer alerts to 4.5 million people, I'm betting they change their minds soon.

·
Registered
99 E430, 01 E430 Sport, 00 SL500
3,266 Posts
Wait for the resolution by BBB before taking further action. I think it's not a good idea to make threat then execute before all venues are exhausted. Once BBB has its final word against MB dealer, you have proof to warn your 4 million customers.
While waiting for BBB, shop around to see if the struts are really not available. If they are, show the dealer your finding.
I'd begin filling a small claim right now. But the judge may rule that you pay for the second strut, part and labor, and the dealer pays for the first strut, part and labor. So prepare to fight for such ruling by getting advice from other dealer if that's the case. A pair must be replaced at the same time.
Well, you work out the details.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wait for the resolution by BBB before taking further action. I think it's not a good idea to make threat then execute before all venues are exhausted. Once BBB has its final word against MB dealer, you have proof to warn your 4 million customers.
While waiting for BBB, shop around to see if the struts are really not available. If they are, show the dealer your finding.
I'd begin filling a small claim right now. But the judge may rule that you pay for the second strut, part and labor, and the dealer pays for the first strut, part and labor. So prepare to fight for such ruling by getting advice from other dealer if that's the case. A pair must be replaced at the same time.
Well, you work out the details.
Thanks for your input, and opinion. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
Timeship, see you yesterday, but you already knew that.
4,103 Posts
Front right, but they claim they only replace them in pairs, which is fine since I'm under warranty, but they claim there are no struts available anywhere in the world.
That's a lie, a flat out lie. I just went and looked there are over 200 sets in the United states.

·
Registered
2001 E430 4Matic
466 Posts
The AMG air-ride struts are $1800 each, new, I highly doubt I'm gonna get one replaced for $100-200 including labor!
You said that there are no brand new struts available in the world correct? I told you to get a used one for the time being. LKQ Potomac German south has one used for $260 and Allied Auto Salvage has one for $500. (In Florida)For a E63 model w211. I don't know which side you need so I looked up the Left side IIRC. Or I looked up the Right. I cannot remember. Repair it yourself. It isn't that hard or take it to a auto repair shop and have them replace it for you. I highly doubt they are going to charge you 800+ dollars to replace a strut.

I tell you what...I'll give you $300 and you can change it for me and keep all the profit you make. Do you wanna change it in the dealership parking lot, or would that $100-200 cover the tow too?
If I still worked at my cousins auto shop I'd gladly change it for you, but if I still worked there and you were being a dick I'd tell you to fuck off. No offense.

Maybe you're used to bending over for people, but I'm not. If I wanted to be treated like crap, I'd buy a Chevy.
Apparently you're taking it up the ass from MBZ. Stop getting pissed off at me because I offered you a solution to fix it yourself till you're able to get a brand new one from MBZ.

And there is nothing wrong with driving a Chevy. I myself have a Chevy Pick up truck. I don't see any MBZ trucks state side that can haul more or tow more than my S10. Yes my MBZ may be more luxury and more powerful, but I'd like to see my MBZ or your MBZ haul or tow more. :) BTW my S10 has almost 180k miles on it IIRC and it still runs like a BOSS. It ain't semi new and broke down at some po dunk dealer giving me the run around.

If you want to drive your car now I suggest doing what I posted for the mean time till MBZ has the part for you. You have your car sitting for 3+ months already and you're getting all pissed off about it. :crybaby2: When you have your car sitting for over 8 months just to get a paint job come talk to me.

If MBZ won't allow you to stick a used part for the mean time because it will void your warranty then sorry for suggesting it.

I'm going to assume MBZ hasn't even offered you a date of when your car could possibly be fixed?? Seems like you will be waiting a very long time to drive your vehicle. So if you're still making payments on a vehicle you can't drive this would be the best solution for you. If you're vehicle is already paid off and you have multiple vehicles to drive then look at it this way. You're not putting any miles on it so when and if you choose to sell it it will have less miles on it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Am I the only person that notices 100% of the time....the 'members' with under 50posts and accounts that aren't even a year old are the only ones claiming they got screwed over by the dealer???? I've been on here long enough to realize it can't be a coincidence. I can get new parts from the dealer for my '84 500sec and '99 slk I find it hard to believe you can't get a strut for an '07 E63, especially when they probably used the strut in multiple vehicles for multiple years. Probably likely to be in the 2013's. This claim sounds ridiculous....... If it's really not, you're likely to be close to another MB dealer, give them a call.

·
Registered
2001 E430 4Matic
466 Posts
Am I the only person that notices 100% of the time....the 'members' with under 50posts and accounts that aren't even a year old are the only ones claiming they got screwed over by the dealer???? I've been on here long enough to realize it can't be a coincidence. I can get new parts from the dealer for my '84 500sec and '99 slk I find it hard to believe you can't get a strut for an '07 E63, especially when they probably used the strut in multiple vehicles for multiple years. Probably likely to be in the 2013's. This claim sounds ridiculous....... If it's really not, you're likely to be close to another MB dealer, give them a call.

Just out of curiosity since it's a w211 couldn't the air strut be used from any E class 2003+ that used Air ride struts?

·
Registered
1985 Mercedes 300TD, 2014 GLK250 Bluetec
202 Posts
Just an FYI, not to take any sides just suppling information.

Left front strut (Stand Suspension): A211 320 53 38 80 - Backordered
Right front strut (Stand Suspension): A211 320 54 38 80 - Backordered

Left front strut (Sport Susp w/ADS or P30 pack):
A211 320 55 38 80 - Backordered
Right front strut (Sport Susp w/ADS or P30 pack):
A211 320 56 38 80 - 4 in USA

Both versions of each shock are specific to only the following: E55, E63, CLS55, CLS63

Also as per DTB: S-B-32.25/82b, All vehicles with less than 80k KM equipped with Airmatic struts only need the affected strut/shock replaced. If vehicle has over the 80K km (50k miles), then replace in pairs.

·
Registered
E55 AMG
3 Posts
front air strut on backorder or so they say

You have probably resolved your issue already but I had the same problem today when I started my e55. I had it towed to the dealer. They told me the front strut was on backorder and would take likely 2-3 weeks. I left it there and started looking around online. I called Bilstein who manufactures the strut and sure enough they are on backorder and I could not find even one after about 2 hours of looking and calling. Then I stumbled on Arnott who refurbishes the OE part I need with a BF goodrich bladder and some other parts. The MB part is $830 and I may get it in 3 weeks. The Arnett refurbished MB part with a lifetime warranty is $458.85 plus $200 core charge, I will have it in 3 days and my car back next week. The stupid part is I tried to get the dealer to order the part for me from Arnott and they would not they are making me order it. I am sure they knew about this replacement the whole time they just did not say anything. I am very annoyed. I just want my car back and they could care likely because of some policy. Part can be found here: MERCEDES-BENZ - E-Class 2002-2009 (E55 AMG & E63 AMG)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mercedes finally came thru !!!

After reporting Mercedes to the BBB, they located and over-nighted a pair of them from Europe. Besides that, they made 2 car payments for me, and gave me $1000 credit in their service department for further maintenance.

I have to admit, I am quite happy now and its great to have my car back!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts