Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E320 Sedan Base
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sent an email to MBUSA for spring perch problem on my car and inquired what they'd do. Waited till the end of the day and they called to say because I am not the original owner of the vehicle and that I never took the car to benz dealer, they won't be able to help me. I am pissed off right now. I am pissed off right now.

Luckily, my spring is still there but it is slightly bent so I don't know if I need a new spring or use the existing one.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Really? Masked profanity for an issue that has been discussed ad nauseum?

You can be as mad as you like, but considering what you asked was a matter largely of dealer good will -- and you've never given the dealer any -- what is their incentive to help you out? Look at it this way, the money you've saved DIYing everything you could more than pays for fixing the spring perch, so even if you'd taken the car in regularly and got a discounted perch repair, you'd still be in the hole.

Your spring should be fine, bending is what they do all the time.;) Contact a body shop in your area, they seem to be the most affordable places to have this repair done.

That said, this is the ideal time to lower it if you were so inclined. And while it's in the shop have them remove the seal on the other spring perch and replace it if it shows signs of impending failure. If not there will be a small charge to re-seal it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2002 E430 4-Matic
1,334 Posts
Sent an email to MBUSA for spring perch problem on my car and inquired what they'd do. Waited till the end of the day and they called to say because I am not the original owner of the vehicle and that I never took the car to benz dealer, they won't be able to help me. I am pissed off right now. I am pissed off right now.

Luckily, my spring is still there but it is slightly bent so I don't know if I need a new spring or use the existing one.
You're putting us on right? You don't even know if you have a problem, but you want to complain about it to the "Man". You don't want to spend a nickle of your own money to figure it out..... and you are all bent out of shape because you can't get free help the same day you asked for it. You must be a Democrat. :D

·
Registered
1994 E320 wagon, 1999 E320 wagon, BMW Z3
98 Posts
There seems to be some confusion here. Has someone led you to believe that all Mercedes Benz products ever sold come with an unlimited mileage, unlimited time, bumper to bumper warranty that covers absolutely any malfunction or normal wear and is transferable to any and all subsequent owners?

·
Registered
1997 E320 Elegance- 140,000 miles, Black with Interior 204 (Leather, Saffron/Java)
448 Posts
So glad I live in a state where no salt is used on the roads...and the car has never lived in a "salt belt" state.

Anyone ever hear of a spring perch failure on a pacific northwest W210 that wasn't abused? I've searched extensively and it seems like they always happen on cars from Canada, the US northeast through TN, and the upper midwest (IL, OH, MI, WI, MN, etc).

·
Registered
1997 E320 Elegance- 140,000 miles, Black with Interior 204 (Leather, Saffron/Java)
448 Posts
There seems to be some confusion here. Has someone led you to believe that all Mercedes Benz products ever sold come with an unlimited mileage, unlimited time, bumper to bumper warranty that covers absolutely any malfunction or normal wear and is transferable to any and all subsequent owners?
To be fair, MBUSA HAS done at least partial goodwill on these repairs on subsequent-owner cars...but it seems to be up to whatever mood MBUSA is in that day. And probably depends greatly on how nicely the owner talks to the MBUSA reps...

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
To be fair, MBUSA HAS done at least partial goodwill on these repairs on subsequent-owner cars...but it seems to be up to whatever mood MBUSA is in that day. And probably depends greatly on how nicely the owner talks to the MBUSA reps...
And very much dependent on how faithful one has been in visiting dealers for maintenance and repairs.

·
Registered
448 Posts
And very much dependent on how faithful one has been in visiting dealers for maintenance and repairs.
Then I'm screwed if this ever comes up :) Mine hasn't been to a dealership (other than for tranny fluid checks) since 2001 :D

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Then I'm screwed if this ever comes up :) Mine hasn't been to a dealership (other than for tranny fluid checks) since 2001 :D
Mine was about a year ago for a fuel injector cleaning. IIRC it was about $12 including the gas and bridge toll to get there and back. I thought it was a good deal. :D

·
Registered
12 GL450
13,900 Posts
Mine was about a year ago for a fuel injector cleaning. IIRC it was about $12 including the gas and bridge toll to get there and back. I thought it was a good deal. :D
Details? Was it the coupon thing? I used my $100 coupon to get all new lug bolts.:D

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Details? Was it the coupon thing? I used my $100 coupon to get all new lug bolts.:D
It was a coupon thing combined with a special the dealer was running. IIRC my actual out of pocket was $1.12, not including gas and tolls. There is a thread on here about it, wherein the infamous planetary traveler bawled me out for being dumb enough to be duped. Heck, the car wash and vacuum was worth $1.12. :D :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts