Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2006 ML350
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone buy this feature from MB? Seems like its a replacement to Teleaid (which I never had), and MB is offering it for $300 one time fee only. The one time got me thinking if it is worth it. Anyone have this feature and have any comments on it

Thanks

·
Registered
2008 ML 320CDI
167 Posts
I had Teleaid for 2 years and never used it in over 50K miles of driving. You probably have many of the features already available to you thru your cellphone/GPS/ etc. I did not even consider the new system.

·
Registered
1999 ML320; 2003 S500 4Matic; 2004 ML500; 2008 ML350
168 Posts
Where did you see it advertised for a one time fee of $300?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Where did you see it advertised for a one time fee of $300?
You should have gotten a letter...I got like 6 letters advising me of the deal.

I went ahead and did it...I'm keeping the car for a few more years and it seemed a reasonable deal for the peace of mind (especially if stolen or if the car gets broken into where I can't hear the alarm).

·
Registered
1999 ML320; 2003 S500 4Matic; 2004 ML500; 2008 ML350
168 Posts
Haven't gotten a letter, but I also just bought my car a week ago monday, maybe that's why.

·
Registered
'99 ML430, 2009 ML350
12 Posts
Just took advantage of this offer a few days ago for my wife's 2009 ML350. I only had to call the number listed on the mailer and they set up the account, cancelled the teleaid account and set up an appointment with the dealer to have the vechicle switched over.

It's $300 for the life of the vehicle and can be transferred for a fee to anyone you sell it to in the future.

There was no special offer the I was made aware of for the Mbrace Plus. There are some very nice features associated with Mbrace. Since we tend to keep vehicles for a very long time, it seemed well worth the money for a lifetime offer.

·
Registered
2008 ML550
52 Posts
I received several email promotions back in, uh, early Oct.-ish. I plan to keep my vehicle for many years so I felt like it was a good "insurance policy." (I just bought the standard mbrace, not the "plus" package.) I was primarily interested in the emergency contact services. I thought $300 was a pretty good deal to have that feature for the life of the vehicle. I will never use a majority of the other features, but they may come in handy one day (roadside assistance, information, remote door unlock, etc.).

My wife and I tested the remote door unlock and it worked well (a feature I'll likely never use). I think you can also set up a trip plan on your smartphone and send it directly to the COMAND unit (simplifies entering destinations on the nav).

But like I said, I was primarily interested in the emergency contact feature. If the airbags are seatbelt tentioners are deployed the vehicle automatically contacts mbrace (as long as local cell phone service is available).

The contact # I have for mbrace is (866) 990-9007. I don't know if the promo contact # was the same.

·
Registered
'11 C300
423 Posts
mbrace $280 annually

The $300 for the life of the car deal is gone. I just bought my '06 ML December 1st and got the mbrace letter a week ago. I called them and it is now $280 a year with the first three months free so you would get 15 months for $280 the first time you do it. If you bought your car before November 1, 2009 you could get the $300 for the life of the vehicle. No more. I didn't do it. The phone number is 888-826-6315.

·
Registered
ML 350
65 Posts
We had it done on our 2007 ML 350 and dropped it because not all the features worked like sending destination to NAV system, locator and remote lock and unlock. Mbrace knows nothing about which cars it will work on either..... Frankly the NAV feature was worth the cost alone instead of using the push button arcane system. Buyer beware

·
Banned
2006 E320 CDI
932 Posts
The $300 for the life of the car deal is gone. I just bought my '06 ML December 1st and got the mbrace letter a week ago. I called them and it is now $280 a year with the first three months free so you would get 15 months for $280 the first time you do it. If you bought your car before November 1, 2009 you could get the $300 for the life of the vehicle. No more. I didn't do it. The phone number is 888-826-6315.
Got nice deal from MBrace 299$ plus tax for lifetime subscription on time payment even I am not currently subscribed for Tele-Aid, total 316$ after taxes. Extra 20$ a month if I want MBrace Plus. Plus on efree transfer if I sell the car, can’t pass on.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have received multiple letters to upgrade to MBrace and have been ignoring them. I received a call from MB yesterday asking me to upgrade for a discounted rate of $240/yr. I declined and the rep countered with the $299/lifetime deal. So it appears that the lifetime deal is still available if you negotiate with them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bait and Switch?

MB seems to keep its customers in a state of $$ confusion on this. At first, only a select few were offered the lifetime deal, then it became unavailable (even if you were originally eligible). Some probably just went with the annual deal at that time, but now it sounds as though you can go back and request the better lifetime deal? This might send their call center into a frenzy!

·
Registered
'10 E350 coupe; SOLD--'10 C300; SOLD--'10 ML
251 Posts
Anyone get the APP for smartphone for this? I went to dowload it and the APP was listed as not compatilbe with my phone or carrier.
I have a blackberry Tour and Verizon.

I'm kinda surprised that is is not set up for that phone or carrier.

·
Registered
07 ML350
9 Posts
MBRACE BB Tour 9630/Bold 9650

While the Blackberry App is officially limited to some of the older BB's (8830?), tech support told me it MAY work on a GPS-enabled BB.

I have a Tour9630/Bold9650 on Verizon, and while the app runs, I can't use the locate my mercedes function. I'm guessing that's because VZW has locked down the gps capability (doesn't work in google maps either), and the app may not be able to use cellular location service.

The app however, works great on my iPad, but I'd prefer it on my BB.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts