Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 E 350 4 Matic
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CD player went out recently (not the changer the single cd player) - My car is still in warranty and while diagnosing the problem the service writer mentioned that MB has been rejecting "some" claims if the owner has been using burned CD's as opposed to store purchased CD's.

I said that's nonsense as the Comand Book refers to how you can play MP3's and a variety of other media all using standard type of obviously blank CD's to burn your choices on to.

At any rate be warned that he said they may attempt that as some purchased blank CD apparently are too thick for the CD player and will jam in it - be on guard for this and be aware if you do use your own burned CD's that you are using standard thickness as refered to in the Comand book. I believe though not certain they are 1.2mm thick or something like that -

Steve

·
Registered
2015 ML350/2013 SL63
562 Posts
The dealer mentioned that to me years ago when I had my first Benz. They gave me the "well MB doesn't reccommend". I said fine "then they shouldn't have built the CD player to play burned CD's". Then they came back to me and said it's because people put home made labels on burned CD's and the thickness of the CD would change causing loading issues.

-C

·
Registered
2014 E 350 4 Matic
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer mentioned that to me years ago when I had my first Benz. They gave me the "well MB doesn't reccommend". I said fine "then they shouldn't have built the CD player to play burned CD's". Then they came back to me and said it's because people put home made labels on burned CD's and the thickness of the CD would change causing loading issues.

-C
That makes good sense and the Comand book refers to that as well - thanks for the tip though in case they attempt to make an issue of it - I'm not sure I don't have a burned CD in the player - but no label however -

1 - 3 of 3 Posts