Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'83 300D
638 Posts
Would love to be a part of this, but no chance to get out that way for now.

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know there a good number of us southern CA W123 owners (from LA, Long Beach, Newport Beach, Costa Mesa, Irvine, etc) who would love to join.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Have fun today guys!

Have fun today guys! Too bad you're on the opposite coast! :)

Dave aka Ghan :thumbsup:

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
Regrets from a Nor Cal would-be attendee

Our lives can change in a flash.

I had my heart set on going, to this one, even to the extent of addressing things like new tires, front brakes and rotors, a master brake cylinder and a drivelime center bearing support
but before I could, even do THAT I slipped BADLY on black ice in the driveway, and I wrote this from a full leg cast over a broken right leg and ankle, and am told they will heal normally in due time.

But I won't be walking unaided until February 11 at the earliest, so I can't be there.

But I would love to see as many pic's as possible, if you can post them afterwards. I really really wanted to come but simply can't!!!

Your tours are the BEST and well worth the drive!! I'd love to come to the next one, hopefully in the spring, and so hope alll you guys have a great time on today's cruise. I am with you in spirit, today !! :)

~~Jim

·
Registered
81' 300SD, 82' 300D
4,021 Posts
Our lives can change in a flash.

I had my heart set on going, to this one, even to the extent of addressing things like new tires, front brakes and rotors, a master brake cylinder and a drivelime center bearing support
but before I could, even do THAT I slipped BADLY on black ice in the driveway, and I wrote this from a full leg cast over a broken right leg and ankle, and am told they will heal normally in due time.

But I won't be walking unaided until February 11 at the earliest, so I can't be there.

But I would love to see as many pic's as possible, if you can post them afterwards. I really really wanted to come but simply can't!!!

Your tours are the BEST and well worth the drive!! I'd love to come to the next one, hopefully in the spring, and so hope alll you guys have a great time on today's cruise. I am with you in spirit, today !! :)

~~Jim
Ouch! Here's hoping for a full recovery.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry to hear that Jim. I was waiting when you'd arrive until Buzz told me the sad news.

Please be patient, it's quite a huge bunch of photos. It'll take me a while to also process them before posting.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
Ouch! Here's hoping for a full recovery.:thumbsup:
Thanks for the well wishes.

You know the GOOD thing about it (trying to stay positive here)
will be the day after almost
TWO months, I get to go into the garage and sit down and fire up the coupe!

I have * never * gone that long without driving it, in all the time since I bought it from the MB dealer in Buena Park, near Disneyland, and began driving it, back in 1996.

Sorry to hear that Jim. I was waiting when you'd arrive until Buzz told me the sad news.

Please be patient, it's quite a huge bunch of photos. It'll take me a while to also process them before posting.

Thanks for the well wishes Patrick; as much as I am sorry I missed the adventures, I am sorry I missed the chance to reconnect and enjoy may of you who are my SoCa friends too !!

I will try to move heaven and earth to get to the next one ib 2011!

Can't wait to view the pic's.

Take your time, it will be really worth it for all of us.

You are a truly professional grade photographer, with professional equipment, a true photographer's eye, that loves his subject, has a wonderful sense of compositon and whose work is utterly first rate and whose shots are engaging, crisp, and clear.

I'll feel as though I was actually there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts