Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've had engine/transmission problems ever since they changed the car's valve body last year. (see prior posts) After going through MB's recommended oil consumption test for the 2nd time in 6 months..., they finally agree that this motor is a piece of crap. And now..., MB wants to put a new engine in my car. This is plain BS to me!!!! I told them I will only except a new car (which they already said it can't be done because they can replace the engine and everything will be fine). I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!! Not only does the car's value go south, I don't have any faith in MB anymore!!!!!! I paid $50K+ for a car that constantly needs parts replaced!!!!! This is just unacceptable!!!!!!! I tried to make it less painful for everyone, but since they want to play hard-ball, I will take them to court for this lemon they sold me. Does anyone have prior experience to lemon lawsuits??

·
Registered
06 ML350
492 Posts
There has been threads on here where MB did take the car back for issues to avoid a lemon suit. You should be able to find them, you can also try Corporate if you haven't yet.

·
Registered
06 ML 350LP - 03 CLK
69 Posts
ML problems

I've had constant problems with my ML, just over one year now and more than a dozen services translating to almost 30 full days MB has serviced my ML. I also want my ML replaced, so many systems have been replaced all heating and ducts, airmatic system and front suspension just to name a few. I have complained constantly, standard line is...if anything breaks we will be happy to fix it. Bull...I now drive expecting something to go wrong and I still constantly get error messages...very upset and still fighting with MB.

·
Registered
Honda Odyssey Touring 2006 ML350 (GONE) 2006 E350 4MATIC (love it)
570 Posts
willischou said:
I agree with azinn, check your state lemon law, ask MB to buy back. Good luck!
You never ask; you tell MB what you want. The ball is in the owners court. I have been down this road. MB has the option to take you to court and give you the same car - % off MSRP for usage, no matter the miles. It is better to make a deal with MB outside the walls of court or legal setting. I can bet as much money as we hae MB has more then most of us will ever see and will have much bigger leagal team teams then most of us.

We all talk a big game about lemon law, but it is much better when they can do a buy back for both people. They can sell the car again and you walk away happy.

I had a 06 ML350 with many issues (search) and they bought it back and I got a E 4matic wagon at dealer cost and lost less then if i went to court and I got a different class. I would never take another ML, R, GL if MB paid me to dirve it. Any car that comes off the boat from Europe I feel much safer and also E has history (over 50 years).

That being said, keep your ground and dont ever let MB tell you what to do. You tell them what to do. If you cannot back your words, then I suggest you just move on. Much is to be said for when you stand up to a big car company and tell them "NO this solution is not going to work here is what I want, either give me what i want or expect a full page ad in the NY or LA times regarding MB and QC issues"

·
Registered
06 ML350
492 Posts
I agree with Endo, if you have been nice to them trying to work it out it is time to be not so nice. If the General Manager is not dealing with you, you should try Corporate and you can tell them you will pursue the lemon law if you have too but would rather work it out with them. Tell them your terms; the threat of bad advertising also works to add some pressure. If you can't put an ad out you can call a local news station or write some editorials in local papers. If you have a news station that helps consumers you can let MB know you will be contacting them and also send them copies of the editorials you plan to send in. They most certainly do not want bad press.

Going to the extreme, you can buy poster board from Staples, make some big signs about how you are being treated and the problems with your ML and drive to the dealer with the signs on your ML, park it right in front every time you go to the dealer to discuss your car. This is something they won’t appreciate too much but I like the idea, just my dark side. 

1 - 7 of 7 Posts