Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MB agreed to replace sub-frame but I have to pay for other parts like the bent control arm and all sub-frame bushings. Total price is $1,300 for parts and no labor charges. Does this sound right? Should I have to pay for a $1K control that got bent because the subframe got cracked? Should I push the issue or just be thankful that they will replace the subframe and other things and not charge me labor?
Has anyone else had to pay for other items connected to the subframe?

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
22,839 Posts
If the additional parts needed are progressive damage, stemming from the original failure, I'd suggest asking them to revisit the issue. Firmly.

Any worn or failed from normal use items you should expect to pay for.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
29,104 Posts
MB agreed to replace sub-frame but I have to pay for other parts like the bent control arm and all sub-frame bushings. Total price is $1,300 for parts and no labor charges. Does this sound right? Should I have to pay for a $1K control that got bent because the subframe got cracked? Should I push the issue or just be thankful that they will replace the subframe and other things and not charge me labor?
anovak paid $0. They even paid the tow.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
$1300 for a control arm and all subframe bushes?? You got raped. You can get OEM control arm and ball joint assembly for $130 and a Meyle subframe kit for $50.

All quality parts.

·
Premium Member
9,696 Posts
Did the subframe crack or did it completely fail and the a arm came off. If it just cracked it is unlikely the A arm bent due to that. But if it broke off I think the MB should pay. $1300 seems reasonable for these parts where you live.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
29,104 Posts
Foto is right. Subframe kit and a control arm are much less than what they want. Seems that they ARE in fact covering their labour charges.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I looked at my bill and they got me for 1300$ in various parts, but they replaced both control arms, the subframe, front shocks, engine and tranny mounts, and the shifter linkage. They threw in an alignment and washed the car. They also told me about problems I have since addressed and my car is straight without any flutter. Expensive, but at least I know when I enter a turn doing 85mph I don't have to worry about something breaking and sending me into the wall. I actuallt heard my rears squeel a little going 80 around a turn once.

My subframe wasn't failed though, only cracked. I also found out my front shocks are new I thought they were oldies but goodies and I was wrong. That means if I do the rears and mounts I'm set. My front suspension is pretty much all new.

·
Premium Member
9,696 Posts
Foto is right. Subframe kit and a control arm are much less than what they want. Seems that they ARE in fact covering their labour charges.
Subframe bushing kit from MB is $274.00 (I know). Lower control arm is $985.00. You cant expect a dealer to charge less than list or use anything other than genuine MB parts.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Control arm bushes is what were wasted on my car and replaced, not the whole beast for clarification.

I'm just glad my car is still alive, running, and on the road!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts