Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

MB Star Service manual Library

1087 Views 29 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  crazy dave's promar inven
OK Question.....I got this off of eBay for a good price. I knew going in that it may not work on my PC as is. My question is is there an emulator or other program that I can use to use this on my laptop?
TIA

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle
See less
OK Question.....I got this off of eBay for a good price. I knew going in that it may not work on my PC as is. My question is is there an emulator or other program that I can use to use this on my laptop?
TIA
See more
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Dallas, Texas
13,073 Posts
That is a jewel find. I have all those discs ever published. It is distilled version of WIS, ETM and Star Finder that applies to R230 only. It was originally packaged in shiny cardboard envelope that listed system requirements on the back.
You will need to create VM that meets those requirements. I run it in Win7/32 service pack 1. To preserve original disc I have created virtual CD image that I mount in virtual CD drive as needed. It runs ten times faster then using optical drive.

Here are few snapshots.

Attachments

· Registered
Dallas, Texas
13,073 Posts
I have used that disk on multiple machines back in the days of XP, Vista, Win7. Never has to use any codes.

· Registered
Dallas, Texas
13,073 Posts
Sorry i took so long, the instructions from the seller were only regarding the wiring diagram if it doesnt already pop up. I tried the disk & everything came up fine. yours is authentic MB correct?
What environment you are running it in?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts