Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
2005 SL500
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Question.....I got this off of eBay for a good price. I knew going in that it may not work on my PC as is. My question is is there an emulator or other program that I can use to use this on my laptop?
TIA

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

· Registered
Dallas, Texas
12,993 Posts
That is a jewel find. I have all those discs ever published. It is distilled version of WIS, ETM and Star Finder that applies to R230 only. It was originally packaged in shiny cardboard envelope that listed system requirements on the back.
You will need to create VM that meets those requirements. I run it in Win7/32 service pack 1. To preserve original disc I have created virtual CD image that I mount in virtual CD drive as needed. It runs ten times faster then using optical drive.

Here are few snapshots.

Attachments

· Registered
2005 SL500
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a jewel find. I have all those discs ever published. It is distilled version of WIS, ETM and Star Finder that applies to R230 only. It was originally packaged in shiny cardboard envelope that listed system requirements on the back.
You will need to create VM that meets those requirements. I run it in Win7/32 service pack 1. To preserve original disc I have created virtual CD image that I mount in virtual CD drive as needed. It runs ten times faster then using optical drive.

Here are few snapshots.

I can get the thing to run in Compatability mode but it is sez I need a License Key of which was not provided.

· Registered
2005 SL500
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It does indeed appear to be genuine

· Registered
2005 SL500
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK so the eBay seller sent me some codes. The instructions state that you have to send your machine ID to an email addy (that is no longer active) and they will send you a license key based on your machine ID pf which is shown in the screenshot I sent. Now I cannot find where to input the code.

· Registered
Dallas, Texas
12,993 Posts
I have used that disk on multiple machines back in the days of XP, Vista, Win7. Never has to use any codes.

· Registered
2005 SL65 AMG
127 Posts
I don't mean to hijack this thread but i literally have been going through something similar trying to open the disk i just bought. Mine keeps saying i need Microsoft office to open but the place i bought it from says i only need windows? Its a genuine MB disk also
Data storage device Jewel case Dvd CD Blank media

· Registered
2005 SL500
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will have to check again when I get home. What about the instructions?

· Registered
2005 SL500
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No. It says that it needs a license key. I have no idea where I would inter one.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts