Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

201 - 213 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
313 sprinter 62 / 2013
I have what i think is oil leaking under the radio and around drivers foot well.
mopped it up a few times but keeps coming back as a thin film of oil.
Only had the van 10 days !
Any ideas as to the cause and most importantly is it covered under the warranty.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Why have you posted on this thread ? you won't get a lot of responses as you need to start
a post of your own, people will then get to read them

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi help please. I have a mercedes sprinter 2003 diesel manual 311cdi. Recently the engine has been running on even when I take the key out. I've had to stall it to stop the engine., but the ignition lights were still on with the key in my hand lol. After several attempts of inserting the key and wiggling it, the ignition lights went off. At the same time, same day, whist driving it feels sometimes that the engine is lacking fuel, especially with my lights on, my wife was following the van and said that that the fog lights (even though they are turned off) and tail lights were flickering on and off..
any advise is greatfull

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there I have a MB sprinter 2015 2 days ago I got a tail lamp left messages on my dashboard I replace it lights up for 1 sec and is turning off ...every time I take it off and put it in the socket, I changed it with the one on the right still didn't work now both are not working. I checked all fuses and all good idk what to do

·
Registered
3 Posts
MB 515 CDI Limp Mode - P2263 - Boost Pressure

Hi all, any help here would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2012 MB Sprinter 515CDI with an OM651 engine in it. After more than a year struggling with this problem, I am at my wits end. Originally we removed the turbo and had this inspected by a local turbo clinic - "nothing" found faulty. We thereafter replaced 3 sensors, the boost pressure sensor, exhaust gas temperature sensor & O2 sensor, neither of which stopped the above fault code from reappearing in ECU memory and causing the vehicle to enter limp mode very quickly. We then considered that the injectors were not causing correct atomisation in various cylinders to create the correct gas mixture and give proper boost, thereby causing a sensor failure, this coupled with the fact that at startup we could hear an injector making a sort of ticking noise when cold and at initial pull off (spluttering/sort of slapping), but only when cold - we therefore used a delphi diagnostic unit to subsequently read the correction rates on the various cylinders and noted that 2 were over corrected to a large degree when at idle and when test driving at various revs, we then replaced & recoded 2 injectors - this corrected, the overall running of the engine when cold, and pulling off improved (no spluttering) but it did not fix the boost fault given above. We thereafter decided to replace the EGR valve on the vehicle as we noticed once the 2 injectors were replaced - when driving, that when the vehicle wanted to boost occasional plumes of black smoke would come out of the exhaust intermittently, but only since injector replacement, this never occurred before. Too my dismay, replacing this EGR valve has not corrected the problem, the vehicle still goes into limp mode. I have no idea where to turn to at this stage as this is very much a trial and error problem at the moment as i believe it to be quite a unique fault. I've had it at a Mercedes-Benz dealership locally but they have been unable to diagnose and correct the problem and leaving it in their hands will just result in the same scenario we have gone through but with the added cost of the labour to our bill. Any help here from anyone would be greatly appreciated. PS. We have also replaced and tested the 2 pressure transducers that the turbo uses for wastegate control and for the boost pressure control flap without any joy. That we are aware of, there are no leaks on the vacuum hoses but we are unsure of how to correctly test this, except to say that when at idle, disconnecting of either of these hoses from the turbo will cause the various actuators to open/close.

·
Registered
1 Posts
519 CDI - 09, engine breakdown

NEED HELP WITH YOUR CDI SPRINTER...DROP ME A LINE
Hi;
After a terrible month, I ask fellow friends about advise, and also some words of experience.
Aut. gearbox damage, change of converter and control unit. Happy driver - for two weeks.
Broken turbo, replaced by a new one. happy driver - for 2 km !!!
Engine broke - my poor engine didn't cope with the new turbo !!!

Anyone had same experience ?

I see the money running out as h...

In Norway, €3.000 4.000 is fast running at garage !

Engine have been running approx. 300.000 km.

rgds.
Bjorn

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, I have a2010 2500 passenger sprinter. Extended wheel base and extra tall. My rear Airconditioner compressor starts to cool then shuts off before it gets cold. My mechanic replaced the only temp sensor that there is and it didn't fix it. The closest sprinter dealership odds 300 miles away. I need to try to figure out what is making it switch off. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I have sprinter 906 2017 now the car engine cranking but doesnt start.i use sd connect compact 4 das softwate diagnostic tools to connect the car but it says please switch on while switched on key and i can t connect to car.why i cant connecting to truck?!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello
Anyone know how is the marks on timing chain
On sprinter 2.2 cdi 313 model 2006 is something tricky what you have to do
Thank you

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sprinter electrical schematic info - is there a resource anywhere with this, or do some members have access they can offer from?
We do a bit of work on these and so many times when you want this info it needs to be close at hand...

Ideas appreciated! Greg / New Zealand

·
Registered
1 Posts
High Rev code preventing warranty motor replacement...

Hello, new to this and have no where to turn..
DRIVING My 2017 905 with 40,000 miles merging onto empty freeway north of Santa Fe , NM.... Made a snap clunk noise then started running as if something was grinding! Pulled over and called roadside towed it 200 miles to Albuquerque New Mexico dealership... diag new motor $26,000 ??? Went to get items from vehicle found it was broken into while under their care.... manufacturers warranty and MBUSA. No help ?

Subsequently paid $2500 out-of-pocket had towed back to dealership I purchased from NEW. As My salesman stated in one of his texts his hands were tied since it’s not at his dealership

Had it looked at once again with same result motor replacement $19,000 ... 7k difference
I was informed I have a five year 100,000 mile warranty In the purchase agreement
And it will not cover the repair of my vehicle due to the fact stated by warranty outside influences code reading high rev over 5500 RPM

Been sitting there now for almost 3 months and result what should I do???

All service records from Mercedes & oil change at service intervals all documented I love that truck
It was my personal transport vehicle for my Harley

201 - 213 of 213 Posts