Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MB Sells US-spec New C320/240 Originally Assembled at new plant in Brazil? Anyone has one of those??

MB Sells US-spec New C-class Assembled in Brazil? <br>
<br>
According to the DaimlerChrysler website, some C320s and C240s are assembled in Brazil and sold in the US... 'The shortest route between German quality and U.S. consumers may eventually pass through Brazil. Citing a spike in demand and available plant capacity, Mercedes-Benz, the luxury subsidiary of DaimlerChrysler, is assembling 7,000 C-Class models a year at its plant in Juiz de Fora, Brazil, in the state of Minas Gerais, 180 kilometers from Rio de Janeiro, for sale in the United States. In fact, the first shipments have hit the U.S. East Coast already. <br>
<br>
“Mercedes-Benz looked at existing capacity worldwide and decided on producing the C-Class at their Juiz de Fora site in Brazil,� says Jeffrey Fisher, spokesman for Mercedes-Benz USA. Initial demand for the C-Class model in the United States, was very, very encouraging, Fisher added, so Mercedes-Benz decided to increase production of the model, albeit in another country.' <br>
<br>
http://www.daimlerchrysler.com/index_e.htm?/news/top/2000/t00905_e.htm <br>
<br>
http://www.latintrade.com/newsite/content/archives.cfm?TopicID=2&StoryID=1301

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: MB Sells US-spec New C320/240 Originally Assembled at new plant in Brazil? Anyone has one of tho

I've got one, I'll admit it. It's a funny thing though, when you run the VIN it comes up being assembled in Germany, but the door sticker says Brazil. So I really have no idea if it's Brazil or Sindelfingen.<br> <br> About the quality: Not one problem or malfunction. All of the body panels seem to be exact and it has a lined 'finished' interior in the front door pockets, something my first (lemon, had too many problems, got rid of it) 2002 C240 didn't. Of course the car is fairly new so time will tell. It's leased though, so if it becomes problematic in the future, it won't be my problem

1 - 2 of 2 Posts