Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am here to take advise from you my problem is as below:

-I have MB S500 2004. Ihave no issue with the car so far. I noticed that my car goes down overnight from rear end both the sides. When i turned it on it will rise the car itself. But since last night we have temp. drop is very low it was below 0 F, Now what issue i have is that right rear sdie in very low left rear is not very low but when i i start the car it rise up left rear side but it won't rise up rear right side. What should i do? does it rise up when temp rise up to 20 F or i need to turn the engine on for sometime?

Appreciate your help and advise.

·
Registered
Too many to list
8,739 Posts
There are water droplets in the air shock system . When it gets very cold these droplets freeze and prevent the valves from fully closing or opening . Once you warm the car up by driving or daylight it should be fine

to fix this issue you need to remove the water from the air lines by adding new desiccant to the pump or just replace the pump entirely with a new one , see here

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are water droplets in the air shock system . When it gets very cold these droplets freeze and prevent the valves from fully closing or opening . Once you warm the car up by driving or daylight it should be fine

to fix this issue you need to remove the water from the air lines by adding new desiccant to the pump or just replace the pump entirely with a new one , see here

Hi,
My question is can i drive with rear right side is down? i already parked it today in sunlight. Will it damages other thins if i drive like that?

·
Registered
Too many to list
8,739 Posts
After you drive it a while , the ice should heat up and melt by itself and your car should come up to the proper height

As long as it’s not rubbing the tire you can drive it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You So much for your help and your advise it did work, after driving for a while it came to its normal position. So is it normal to happen in cold or do i need to take care with something?

·
Registered
2000 S430, 2003 S430, 2000 S500, 2003 S600 TT, and 2005 E320 CDI
4,558 Posts
It's like tusabes said. Time to replace the dessicant in the air pump. Probably a good idea to replace the pump's air input filter, too.

·
Registered
Too many to list
8,739 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts