3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this news

http://money.cnn.com/2005/03/31/Autos/mercedes_recall.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes

·
Registered
2002 430clk;2005 Yamaha YZF R1;08 Range Rover Sport
1,288 Posts
They already did this to my 2002 430clk, they also replaced the battery as well, everyone might want to have that checked also

·
Registered
180 Posts
"Mercedes chief Eckhard Cordes, who said earlier this year that his drive to resolve the quality problems would hit this year's earnings, said the cars Mercedes makes now are of high quality and that the recall addressed legacy problems."

"We are now producing the best product quality ever........."

"The carmaker will install new battery-control software on E-class and CLS-class models made from Jan. 2002 to Jan. 2005."

So....Mercedes is addressing a "legacy" problem? The customer who just bought a new E-320 last week that was manufactured and shipped in Jan is considered a "legacy"? The disgrace will continue. Stay tuned for further embarassment from a once great marque.

·
Registered
2003 SLK 320
684 Posts
think this might affect the SLK320??? cause it has the same 6 as the e320

·
Registered
2003 CLK55 AMG
2 Posts
Funny thing is when I called the service department at my local MB dealership to set up an appointment, the reply I got back was "Recall? What recall? They usually put out the press release before telling us about it so please wait until you get an official letter from MB before bringing your car in."

·
Registered
719 Posts
E300POS - 3/31/2005 2:15 PM

"Mercedes chief Eckhard Cordes, who said earlier this year that his drive to resolve the quality problems would hit this year's earnings, said the cars Mercedes makes now are of high quality and that the recall addressed legacy problems."

"We are now producing the best product quality ever........."

"The carmaker will install new battery-control software on E-class and CLS-class models made from Jan. 2002 to Jan. 2005."

So....Mercedes is addressing a "legacy" problem? The customer who just bought a new E-320 last week that was manufactured and shipped in Jan is considered a "legacy"? The disgrace will continue. Stay tuned for further embarassment from a once great marque.
You are absolutely correct. All a bunch of "Marshmellow Fluff".

I have been wondering why people buy SUV's in hordes. Why they are the most common vehicles on the road. Ever look at a modern Chevy small-block? Ever look at how simple the design is? How easy everything is to access?
I believe domestic parts are much cheaper than foreign parts. They(trucks) may only get 12 - 13 mpg fuel economy, but that's running regular gas, not 93 octane premium.
These trucks are solid and well built. I am impressed and can understand the public's need for practicality vs complexity now.

I would never want a truck. Unless I were to use it for the purpose of it being a truck. But for a new car, I would definitely consider the superior ergonomics that these behemoths offer.

I love the Chevy 6.0 liter. What a soul it has![:D]

·
Registered
10 Posts
1.3 million cars... the biggest recall in Mercedes' history. It really makes one wonder when the reported billions of dollars invested in improving quality are going to pay off.[:(]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts