Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 E320 Wagon
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I had quite a week thanks to my alternator and now after getting it replaced (and unplugging the battery) the radio wants me to type in a security code :surrender:. I bought my car used and there was no radio code anywhere in the user manual booklet or the paperwork. Would anyone be willing to help me out please? I am quite far from any MB dealer and I cant find keys to remove the radio either. All I have is the VIN WDBJH82F1XX015796. I would really appreciate some help with this!

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1990 Mercedes-Benz 420 SEL(RIP),1997 Mercedes-Benz E420
1,936 Posts
VIN is Everything!

Keys you can find on eBay, their usually pretty cheap and easy to find. For better results I've found "W210" has the most to offer when typing into a search engine.

Goodluck.

·
Registered
2000 E320
243 Posts
I purchased a pair off ebay for like $5/shipped. I learned folks will not just blabber out codes in the forum due to security reasons. Besides we'd need the radio serial anyway.

Get the code and you can email a dealer. Just be sure to attach a copy of your registration showing proof you own the car. My local dealer was no help so I emailed a dealer 2 hours away and they provided the code for me.

·
Registered
1999 E320 Wagon
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I decided to go to the dealer once I got home, easy and quick process :) Good point with the CODEs on forum, probably a good thing people dont just give them away (even though the OEM radio is quite outdated so I find it hard to believe anyone would want to steal it ;)). Glad to be home and have the car running just like it used to! Thanks!

P.S. Thanks for recommending the radio keys brandon671 and Jagster! Went ahead and bought a set, planning on installing the AUX this weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts