Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ML350
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

Looking to replace my Boston Acoustics SL60 front speakers with either MB Quart QSD 216 or the Focal Utopia 165W.

Can't decide. Anyone have either of these installed, and what do they think of them.

I also am planning a custon stealth subwoofer instal with 3 JL Audio 8W0-8 subs in a low profile fiberglass box that will fit under my rear seat, so please let me know how either of the two brands sound with a subwoofer.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
i have heard the MB Quart QSD's and they sounds good. Never have heard any Focal.

For the subwoffers i would go with the JL w3v2 8's or the AudioBahn Alum's.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Focals RULE ... I ended up upgrading from the SL60's to the Focal 165K2P on my 300/4. I'm still breaking them in, but so far they sound super duper CLEAR. You can actually hear things that you never knew were there. I'm not a fan of the MBQuarts stuff, I've heard all of their lineup and the SL60's are more impressive IMO.

·
Registered
2000 ML320
110 Posts
I have MB Quarts and they sound great(way better than the stock bose). I heard from others that focal's sound better though, and If you want really high fidelity audiophile type speakers go for rainbow's. Of course The cost rise with each brand with rainbows being the most money.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Well I've heard all the high end stuff, ARC audio, Morell, Dynaudio, and to me Focal is the best of the best for $1000 a pair speakers. I would have gotten the Utopia BE series from Focal, but they are $3500 a pair !! [xx(]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts