Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1985 500SEC
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Does anyon have MB Part number for the doorcard clips?

I heard some rattles in back of my car... so i removed 1 broken clip.. and another... and another.. Now my rear doorcards only have clips on the sides and top, none at the bottom. ....The car sounds like a public buss now everytmie it goes over bumps and pot holes lol i need to reinstall those clips before any other ones break.

Does anyone know how many clips there are per door? and how much they cost?

Many thanks,

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Don't even know if you can even buy them. But if they aren't broken, just came off...you can glue them back on. That's what I did...

·
Registered
1985 500SEC
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Don't even know if you can even buy them. But if they aren't broken, just came off...you can glue them back on. That's what I did...
No they're broken, and while i'm at it i want to change all the clips.

In the end they're 20 year old pieces of plastic, they have all dried up and are extremely fragile. I just need to appliy slight pressure on them and they break.

Hehe i need my quiet "Mercedes" cockpit back. I hate the noise the doorcards make when going over bumps, you can hear them smack against the doors, its embarrassing :(

·
Registered
84 190e 2.3 soon to be LS1 powered
95 Posts
No they're broken, and while i'm at it i want to change all the clips.

In the end they're 20 year old pieces of plastic, they have all dried up and are extremely fragile. I just need to appliy slight pressure on them and they break.

Hehe i need my quiet "Mercedes" cockpit back. I hate the noise the doorcards make when going over bumps, you can hear them smack against the doors, its embarrassing :(

Does not look like they are available, nothing in the EPC, not even a picture of them. Sorry

·
Registered
1985 500SEC
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
humm.. Velcro too could do the trick.

But is there any surface where we can stick velcro or tape on the back of the doorcard?
Doesn't the back of the doorcard have a paper cover to protect against humidity and so on? There woudn't be any flat surface to stick anything on.

If i go with the double sided tape, i can at least mold the tape around the edges, the same places the clips are supposed to go. But if i install the velcro then the first time i remove the doorcard the whole protective white tissue will be ripped of along with it...

Or do i have wide enough borders around the card to stick the velcro on?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Go to junk yard & remove them from junk door cards & glue them back on yours. I have replaced all four window regulators & those door clips have fallen off & I glued them back....works great.

·
Premium Member
'92 MB W201 2.3, '10 MB X164 GL550 4Matic, '14 MB W218 CLS550 4Matic
911 Posts
Go to junk yard & remove them from junk door cards & glue them back on yours. I have replaced all four window regulators & those door clips have fallen off & I glued them back....works great.
This will be the ultimate solution

And, 2 sided tape is not thick enough to fill the gap between the steel part of the door and the vinyl fold behind the card

Velcro is good provided that it can be glued to the exposed steel portions of the door it self

·
Registered
1985 500SEC
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey does anybody of a picture of a door with the doorcard removed?

I just want to get an idea of what it looks like behind there so i can get a few ideas of how to proceed with this.

I know i want the best possible solution to keeping this cards as tightly and securely in place as possible.

Many thanks,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts