Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
'95 S420
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
First of all I would like to say, I love my '95 S420. It's good transition from my Sports Car Scene. I've had a '97 Supra TT, '00 Corvette, '91 3000GT VR4, '98 Camaro SS, '97 BMW M3...

I have a few questions to all the members, I know that most of these questions have been asked but I didn't find definate answers.

1. Is there an inexpensive fix for the Air Conditioning problem(Evaporator)? I heard of some products like 'keep-it-cool', but I heard that products like this might hurt the car.

2. Anyway to activate our factory carphone? Doesn't seem like it.

3. Anyone know of a more active MB forum?

4. Where can I get a Service Manual for the W140?

5. Where can I get a good deal on rims/tires.

Thanks in advance for your help...Feels great to have the flagship of luxury cars!

· Registered
S320W
602 Posts
Few Things

-->Anyway to activate our factory carphone? Doesn't seem like it.
--> It wont work, as the phone in ure car is an analog phone, and all providers in illinois now are digital. Call Loeber in lincolnwood, Il. They know this guy who can transfer an existing line to ure car.

-->Where can I get a Service Manual for the W140?
--> Dealer. Loeber can order one for you.

-->Where can I get a good deal on rims/tires
--> tirerack.com (Word of advice, dont put shiny, oversized tires and wheels, as this car is not made for such looks)

///S320

· Registered
'95 S420
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for your reply. Do you know where the LO Port for our A/C System is located? I want to try recharging my A/C System. I know I probably have a bad Evaporator Seal but I just wanted to give it a try.

· Registered
'95 S420
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Loeber

I just called Loeber and talked with someone in the Service Department, he had no idea what I was getting at. Do you have a contact I can talk to about getting an existing analog cellular line?

· Registered
'95 S420
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They did it for a few customers, with a lot of problems. They don't this anymore. So the...

They did it for a few customers, with a lot of problems. They don't this anymore. So there is no way to get Analog service anymore. Thanks for the information, it was worth a shot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.