Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
SLK32 AMG
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,when I win,how do I get it converted to LHD?
Is this included in the deal?

Adrian,who often drives at 190 mph.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
I'm pretty sure they won't convert it. Way too much trouble, way too expensive. The car has already been built and you get it as is.

"If" you win, just sell it and get yourself a car with the wheel on the correct side of the dash.

·
Registered
SLK 230 (now gone), SLK 350 Facelift
78 Posts
just give it to me and problem solved - I'll drive it over here in the UK for you and send you regular pictures on where it has been......little like sponsoring a child in a lesser developed country.....

·
BenzWorld R170 SLK Host
2002 SLK32 AMG
2,652 Posts
Unless you go to the UK often and have a place to store it over there, you'd be way better off just reselling it. You could use the money to buy a real SLK55 AMG in the USA even if you sold the car for only 60% of its proclaimed value (56000GBP = $104,000).

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
Read the fine print...

"11) the lottery will run as long as it takes to sell all 175 tickets; if that is 3 days, then its three days. if it takes four weeks, then it takes four weeks. However if it takes longer than 10 weeks we`ll offer the existing ticket owners the outstanding tickets - if we are still unable to sell all the tickets we`ll end the lottery and 50% of your ticket purchase price will be refunded to you. So inform all your friends and family about this offer so we can make sure to sell all 175 tickets as soon as possible."

So you risk getting nothing and in addition losing half your stake. Sounds like a ripoff in the making.

Oh yeah...heres the Ebay link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9855&item=4525159729&rd=1

·
Registered
2003 SLK 320
684 Posts
Yeah...they'll probably just end the thing after they sell 160 tickets, and make a cool 24K. And then just do it again.

·
BenzWorld R170 SLK Host
2002 SLK32 AMG
2,652 Posts
What exactly is the eBay auction for?

Things that make you go hmmmm...

1. I read through the whole auction description and I saw where it says "THIS IS NOT FOR BUYING THE CAR", but it doesn't say what the auction is really for. It doesn't even appear that they're auctioning tickets. I _think_ they're just using the auction as advertisement for the raffle. Does this violate eBay's policies?

2. The vehicle has 2800 miles and was first registered in October 2004, yet it's new and nobody has ever owned it. How does that work?

3. If they don't sell enough lottery tickets, they keep the vehicle AND half of the ticket money. Is that even legal?

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
this is gonna be bad ok guys here is my e-mail addy e-mail me all your bad news and I can track these guys down when you all get scammed

r u kidding me send all that money for a ticket and get ripped off? no way this is insane if they are giving away a car do the math 171 tickets yea it doesnt add up!

your all gonna get ripped off. WHY did benzworld post this scam?

[email protected]

--Deathy

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
SCAM

Gotta be a scam. I just visited the site, and suprise suprise there are still 175 tickets left. Somwhow I don't think people are falling for this.... as for only getting half your money back, screw that. If they sel 174 tickets and give refunds they are still set to make 26000 pounds, AND still have the car. SCAM SCAM SCAM . should be outlawed right now.

·
Registered
2003 SLK 320
684 Posts
RE: What exactly is the eBay auction for?

Brian_R170 - 2/6/2005 11:04 PM

3. If they don't sell enough lottery tickets, they keep the vehicle AND half of the ticket money. Is that even legal?
Well...by buying the ticket you're "signing" away that you read the fine print, and understand all the rules...and this is in the UK, so I don't know the laws(not that I know the laws here), but it seems legal cause you're agreeing to it.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
its legal ..... you still lose your money

FRANK take this bs off the forums man.

I am dissapointed

·
Registered
MB 230K 98, MB 200K 00
107 Posts
"Here is how it works:
This lottery is available exclusively to benzworld.org members"

To bad no one in here is STUPID enough for this fucking lottery!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts