Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 350SLK
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you please tell me if this new MB iPOD interface will work seemlessly with my Audio 20 system? If this is so, it is worth the wait and I would not need the good old CD changer after all [:D]

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,033 Posts
BAZMAN - 4/9/2005 1:24 AM

Can you please tell me if this new MB iPOD interface will work seemlessly with my Audio 20 system? If this is so, it is worth the wait and I would not need the good old CD changer after all [:D]
It depends on your instrument cluster being activated for the iPOD. The iPOD option is operated from the steering wheel not the head unit (AFAIK).

IT really is a case of wait and see.

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
BAZMAN - 4/9/2005 1:24 AM

MB claims it will only work in the SLK if you have the Command.
http://www.mbusa.com/main/container.jsp?/features/iPod/faqs.jsp

·
Registered
2005 350SLK
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if it only works with Command, then the decision maker on the dvelopment team is obviously an idiot! Why would you want to hook up an iPOD to a device that allows you to play MP3s on DVDs in the first place[:(!] This device should be available for those of us who purchased vehicles without Command! I hope that someone can develop the interface further to benefit people that have cars without Command, lets keep our fingers crossed![^]

·
Registered
SLK350
475 Posts
What's curious is the fact that the Command comes with the 6 disc CD changer, which occupies almost all of the glovebox. Now the Ipod will occupy the last bit of space. Go figure. I would have prefered the Ipod over the CD changer.

Roberta

·
Registered
2004 SL600 Renntech ECU/TCU Upgrade...many other mods
238 Posts
Uhhh, then just remove the cd player and replace with ipod. Problem solved.[?]

Can't we just be happy that MB will have the best interface for an iPod in an auto when it arrives?

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
I have COMAND and the CD changer in the glove box. I currently use the AUX port for my IPOD but I use my IPOD Shuffle with 1' cable and manage to be able to fit it in the little space beside the CD Changer. Can't get my Mini in there so am using the Shuffle. It works great but can't wait for the Ipod Integration kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts