Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a pre-owned 2007 E350. Called Sirius to subscribe and activate the sat radio twice and still no sat. COMAND screen says I don't have a subscription, gives SIRIUS telephone number and my radio id code. SIRIUS operator said to make sure radio was on channel 184 but I can't make the display change from the original No Subscription screen. I assume, it's on channel 184 since it gives my radio id.

Does anyone know the secret to getting activation to take?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't have specific experience with Sirius, but I tried about four or five times before I was able to activate XM in my wife's car. For me the trick was to turn on the car (and radio) in the driveway before logging in to the website to request a refresh signal.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Just got a pre-owned 2007 E350. Called Sirius to subscribe and activate the sat radio twice and still no sat. COMAND screen says I don't have a subscription, gives SIRIUS telephone number and my radio id code. SIRIUS operator said to make sure radio was on channel 184 but I can't make the display change from the original No Subscription screen. I assume, it's on channel 184 since it gives my radio id.

Does anyone know the secret to getting activation to take?

the car needs to be able to recieve data from the satellite to complete the subscription process... make sure that the car is out in the open. Its also possible that your vehicle has a bad sat antenna which is preventing the activation from going through...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just purchased a E350 MB, trying to connect to the satellite, screem says that no satellite. Sirius was not able to walk me through. Any ideas why I may be be able to connect

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just added Sirius to my 05 e320. Purchased the SDAR receiver used from eBay, P/N 211876790 which I think is the newest version for this generation car. Installation was plug and play with the addition of a generic Sirius antenna that is currently sitting on my back parcel shelf. I signed up for a 6M trial and Sirius was not able to activate the radio. After it powered up, it immediately started updating channels. When that was complete the receiver was stuck on 184, the last channel it was set to. I couldn't change channels or adjust any of the other settings. After spending hours on the phone with Sirius I did some research and found the MB radios have issues with the newer subscription packages high channel count. When they said it was a dealer problem I threatened to cancel the service. At first they offered a free portable receiver which I declined. I didn't go through all the effort to get the receiver and mounting bracket to have another loose piece of electronics in the car. On my request, they tried downgrading to a music only subscription. That got the radio going. I don't think I will keep the service long term unless the receiver can be updated to receive the news and talk radio channels. Sirius has some of the most incompetent customer support I have ever experienced. As old as this problem is, they should have something in their knowledge database

1 - 6 of 6 Posts