Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1998 S210 E280 T
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just bought a '98 E280 Estate last week and noticed that the E280 emblem is missing from the trunk door.

I see some available emblems on eBay but have no idea of the quality. Could you guys recommend these emblems are can I purchase OM somewhere?

Also, can you guys help me with the measurements, where the emblem should be exactly?

Thanks, Al.

·
Registered
2005 W215 CL500
3,582 Posts
The E should be 3 7/8 inches from the left, and the 0 should be 1 7/8 inches below the window. From beginning of E to end of 0 should be 6 1/4 inches.

·
Registered
1998 S210 E280 T
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The E should be 3 7/8 inches from the left, and the 0 should be 1 7/8 inches below the window. From beginning of E to end of 0 should be 6 1/4 inches.
Thanks for your help here! Is the E also 1 7/8 inches below the window, that is are the other characters in line with the window?

Do you know if the quality of the eBay emblems are OK?

·
Registered
W210 2001 E200k
43 Posts
I brought some lettering from a Malaysian and Chinese Ebay store a few months ago, but have not fitted them so I do not know how they will stand up in the elements, in my hand they look great, cannot tell the difference from the original.
I also brought a boot star, which was from 1m away, but I would not use it.
Cannot remember which store, but they only cost like $5 incl shipping.
I know this might not be much help...

·
Registered
2005 W215 CL500
3,582 Posts
Thanks for your help here! Is the E also 1 7/8 inches below the window, that is are the other characters in line with the window?

Do you know if the quality of the eBay emblems are OK?
Everything should be level...though the curve of the window above the E makes it difficult:

Attachments

·
Registered
1998 S210 E280 T
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Again, thank you guys for your help here.

Just made an order on eBay for the E280 emblem.

One thing I noticed though is the spacing between the letters. As you can see on the following picture the E is too close to the 2.

Do you guys possible have the correct measurements for the spaces between the characters?

·
Registered
2005 W215 CL500
3,582 Posts
Again, thank you guys for your help here.

Just made an order on eBay for the E280 emblem.

One thing I noticed though is the spacing between the letters. As you can see on the following picture the E is too close to the 2.

Do you guys possible have the correct measurements for the spaces between the characters?
The overall length is 6 1/4 inches.

The gap between the E and the 2 should be 3/4 inch, then place the 8 between the 2 and 0 exactly in the middle. The photo you show is just for packing...the parts are all separate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts