Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting our Pewter CLS500 and after seeing the Indium Grey US Launch Edition at the dealership, here are my impressions and descriptions of the silver/grey colors available for the CLS500 in the USA.

Pewter (723)
Sunny days = dark silver with a touch of brown
Cloudy days = dark silver

NOTE: Pewter looks more like dark silver with a touch of sand on OTHER models (e.g. C-series), but looks dark silver with a touch of brown on the CLS and SLK. Not sure if the color code or lighting conditions is to explain for the color change? Go figure.

Granite Grey (747)
Sunny days = light bluish silver
Cloudy days = darker silver than Iridium Silver

Iridium Silver (775)
Sunny days = light silver (lighter than MB Brilliant Silver which it replaces)
Cloudy days = light silver

Indium Grey aka Iridium Grey, Irridium Grey (963)
Sunny days = dark brown metallic (darker and browner than Pewter)
Cloudy days = dark brown metallic (darker and browner than Pewter)
NOTE: Indium Grey is only available in the US in the Launch Edition package

My personal favorite silver/grey color for the CLS500 is either the Iridium Silver or the Pewter (which also may be called Pearl Grey in Europe?). Personally I think the Indium Grey in the Launch Edition too brown and Granite Grey too blue.

HeyZeus123

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Diamond Silver is similar to Iridium Silver in that the color is a light silver, but with a light blue tint.

On a clear day, I suspect that the blue tint is a reflection from the blue sky rather than there actually being blue pigment in the paint. On a clear day, Granite Grey also seems to reflect the blue in the sky.

I have not heard about the other color.

·
Registered
2009 CLS 550
31 Posts
What about Flint Gray? Do you think it has a blue cast? I originally wanted more of a charcoal but I wanted pure gray, no brown, blue or green cast. I think Indium Silver is the only pure gray/silver with no other color in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts