Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 S430 Sport Edition
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way home, when this burgundy red Z4 Convertible came up bumper to bumper. In a few seconds i sped away leaving him behind. But he took a exit which is a shortcut to the other highway. After passing the instersection, i was going 190 KM when the Z4 came back on the highway. We reach that entry point at the same time. I passed him getting on the highway like a bullet. We were going 220 Km and he was just 2 car lenght behind me in the left lane.

You know my W202 at high speed, you do not feel anything (bumps - rough ride - handling) just smooth ride/cruising. I remember speeding against a ML350, after a mile or so after switching another overdrive i looked in my dash i see 230 km, and you don't even feel it.

Eddie

·
Registered
2 bmw's, 2 mercedes & 1 volvo
297 Posts
Curacao said:
I was on my way home, when this burgundy red Z4 Convertible came up bumper to bumper. In a few seconds i sped away leaving him behind. But he took a exit which is a shortcut to the other highway. After passing the instersection, i was going 190 KM when the Z4 came back on the highway. We reach that entry point at the same time. I passed him getting on the highway like a bullet. We were going 220 Km and he was just 2 car lenght behind me in the left lane.

You know my W202 at high speed, you do not feel anything (bumps - rough ride - handling) just smooth ride/cruising. I remember speeding against a ML350, after a mile or so after switching another overdrive i looked in my dash i see 230 km, and you don't even feel it.

Eddie
unless your car is modded to hell,

or that z4 is the 4 cylinder version...

your story reeks of bullshit.

·
Registered
2003 S430 Sport Edition
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a stock euro 1999 C280 Sport Edition, and that Z4 has a 2.3 Lt Engine.
Just last night going home on a boulevard which was empty i reached 130 KM Distance about 800 to 1000 Meters. Since i bought my car new back in 1998 from our local dealer. It only has 56498 KM on it. Always service on time and checked twice on the computer for any defaults. There is only two of these cars in The Netherflands Antilles and Aruba.

Eddie

·
Registered
2001 E320; 2002 ML500
1,982 Posts
It also depends on the driver. When my wife told me she beat an M3 at a red light in our '99 ML430 I almost laughed. Apparently the moron on the M3 didn't know how to drive/shift because an M3 going backwards should beat a heavy SUV.

Sergio

·
Registered
2 bmw's, 2 mercedes & 1 volvo
297 Posts
Sergio said:
It also depends on the driver. When my wife told me she beat an M3 at a red light in our '99 ML430 I almost laughed. Apparently the moron on the M3 didn't know how to drive/shift because an M3 going backwards should beat a heavy SUV.

Sergio
or the m3 didn't know he was "racing".

·
Registered
2001 E320; 2002 ML500
1,982 Posts
Oh he did. He kept challenging her at the light. Maybe he was being a gentlemen and allowing the lady to win...

Sergio

·
Registered
2003 S430 Sport Edition
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My wife told me that she beat another lady with her BMW 328i on a busy boulevard with my C280.

Eddie

·
Registered
2003 S430 Sport Edition
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My wife smoked a lady in her BMW 328i on a busy boulevard in my C280 Sport Edition.

Eddie

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a Z4 2.5i stick and raced a lot of cars. I don't think I would have lost to C280. I own C230 not C280 but hmm... C280 is that fast??

I belive Z4 is the fastest. :)

·
Registered
1999 C 280 Sport
109 Posts
jjazzman said:
I own a Z4 2.5i stick and raced a lot of cars. I don't think I would have lost to C280. I own C230 not C280 but hmm... C280 is that fast??

I belive Z4 is the fastest. :)
You would be correct, sir. The Z4 would kill a C 280/C230K unless it was modded to hell. In which case, a modded to hell C230K would have a better chance cause you can get more power out of it (NA vs. Kompressor) I've seen how the Z4 behaves (there's one guy in our club who has an '04) and there ain't no way my car could take his and I take care of my car like Curacao does.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts