Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back. Great time, nice people, great cars!!! Next we need an event including a drive to somewhere special!

Thanks to all for their work. I had a fantastic time.:bowdown:

·
Banned
8,660 Posts
I counted 15 cars and John Anderson visiting from Minnesota. I will be posting pictures later. I too had a great time meeting all you guys. Having lunch , talking cars on a warm spring day. It couldn't get any better.

BTW, Tech-Tune I got an opportunity to drive Mike's 2001 Red SL 7.3 Brabus. What a rocket ship! Then Tony took me for a ride in his M119 Brabus SL and that FLIES! I can't wait to get a drive in his 2002 SL 5.8 Brabus.

Attachments

·
Greek God of the R129
8,365 Posts
Had a wonderful time meeting you all.
I especially loved the Brabus cars.
They are something ells.
Regards.
aam.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
sorry i got there late. it was around 2pm and there were still cars there and i like looking at more cars like mine. on the way home i got my car over 120mph playing with a bmw. sure feels good to have power under you.lz

·
Registered
136 Posts
x2. Pics in a few days.
Lynns, crb, Roadking, Tony and all.......My wife and I enjoyed meeting all you guys and seeing so many hot 129's! I think I was the only 320 there but I love my straight 6 :) I hope we stay in touch & see you all soon.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
BTW, Tech-Tune I got an opportunity to drive Mike's 2001 Red SL 7.3 Brabus. What a rocket ship! Then Tony took me for a ride in his M119 Brabus SL and that FLIES! I can't wait to get a drive in his 2002 SL 5.8 Brabus.
Dam, I sure wish I could have attended. Please post more pics of the Brabus cars when ever you get a chance.

Tony, I didn't realize that the M119 you had was a Brabus as well. Please tell me more details when you have free time.

Glad you all had a great time. If you guys do it again in the future you can count me in!

TT

·
Registered
59 Posts
It was so nice to meet most of you :)! My wife and I (and our dogs :D) had a great time and it was worth the trip from the Central Valley. Too bad we had to leave early but we had fun :thumbsup:! I have pics too but I just haven't had a chance to download them. Hope to see everyone soon.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I too had a good time with all the other 129 owners. Its nice to get a group together with the most fun to drive (biased opinion) MB model!

·
Registered
72 Posts
What a great time. My wife and I loved meeting everyone, seeing the cars, sitting in the 7.3, eating lunch with a bunch of forumers, and just hanging out.

Luigi, we were the silver SL right behind you just before you got onto 5 North. You gave us a wave and then disappeared in a whirlwind of SL acceleration!

Some pix.

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
I would of felt so out of place, 17 year old with a bunch of people 10 years older and more then me.
You're just going to have to live on the edge a bit more if you want the full 129 ownership experience, Issac. I've got watches twice as old as you.:)

Just kidding with you Issac. My adult sons still like hanging around with the old guys. Ever notice my tag line? You would have been fine.

Actually, these pics don't really show the rest of the meet that much. See links posted a couple down. There were plenty of younger owners there with beautiful C's, CLK's, E's etc. and then things got into the 63 series and Bimmer 6 series...sweet. Then for good measure on to the Masory Bentley. What's not to like?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wife and I also enjoyed the get together. In the small town where I live I don't get to see many SL's, just mine. So it was nice to get a close look at the cars and meet some of the members. A nice group of people.

Thanks to all who helped coordinate the event.
John.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the compliment, Issac. I waited longer than you are old to own one of these cars. You are a lucky guy to have one so young. Take care of it and it will take care of you. You are welcome to join us anytime. Maybe some of us old farts can give you some pointers. :D Happy motoring.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Wow. Looks like a neat event, guys!

I would have loved to go to something like this, as I love the R129s. Unfortunately, I live in FL and my gold status just expired because I didn't fly enough miles last year, so that wonderful 6 hour flight each way would have been in roach class.

When are we doing the Florida get-together?

·
W168, W169 Moderator
5,293 Posts
I would like to say...."WoW" what a meeting......!!! It a good turn out.... Met some old members and new members too..... Thanks for coming down and hang out..... I have fun the whole day.....:) Again....Thanks to all that made this meet another huge success....!!

BTW nice pictures..... guys.....:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts